Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're hoping to find a Boxer pup this summer.   We have a foster terrier under a year, thinking maybe we'd adopt him.  The pup is a handful and can even crawl up a Plexiglas gate, and get into another room.  Separation anxiety is also an issue.  Has anyone had these two breeds together in a household and survived?  I'm thinking too smart, and too wired may be a problem, and I'm not getting any younger.  Our Boxer would open drawers with his tongue when he was a puppy.  We've never had a two dog household.  Maybe just two Boxers.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a 5 year Jack Russell, Chelsea, and does she well with Jenna (boxer, 14 mos).  I believe they balance each other out but she is definietly the dominant one.  we never had a problem with Chelsea but then we have always had another dog here to keep each other company.  Prior to Jenna we had an 11 y.o beagle but she didn't like to play, just sleep.  So it was perfect when we got Jenna.  Even though there is an age gap, they still play and run around with each.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts