Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
I am back again...thanks for those people who helped me out with his vomiting the last time I posted. The Yoghurt is working well.
He is 4 months old now and growing every time I take him to the vet...so tall too...he is going to be a very big dog I think.
I started him in Puppy Training last night and he did well considering this is the first time he has been around dogs other than his mother and the litter when he was born. At the training he vomited 4 times. A lot to start with and then a few little ones. I truly think this was the excitment of it all and we all know how excited they can get. He then trained really well and I was so proud of him. We went home and he ate and everything was great. He slept well too.
This morning he was fine...his normal jumping, licking, loving self. Around lunch time I noticed that he did a soft cream colored poo in the backyard which was different from his normal. He had gone twice normal overnight. Then I noticed about 2 hours later a small patch of watery mucusy diarrhea at the door. He didnt go again and now I am at work and worried if he is ok. There was no blood in it. HE was chewing on a dental bone this morning and I wonder if that gave him a little diarrhea or if it is something more sinister. I am so neurotic with this puppy!!!!
Oh and on Saturday he ate a bird....yep a bird. I took him to the vet and they did an xray and he definately ate the bird. He seemed to digest well and he has been his normal self and eating well with small indigestion at times which is now his normal. No diarrhea until today.
So I wonder if once again I am overreacting or is it normal to have a little mucus in their diarrhea from time to time...Is this something once again I need to take him to the vet for....or a wait and see issue.
Thanks in advance for advice.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
The eating the bird, the excitement from puppy class and the treats given at training could all have upset his tummy.

I remember when we did puppy class, there was a little poodle in the class that would throw up every time she had a treat.  Then the trainer said the treats may have been too rich and gave some treats just for puppies.  She was fine after that.

Soaking the kibble until it is soft can help with digestion.  If he is still vomiting and having runny poo tomorrow, I would call the vet.  That way you can get in before the weekend.

Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
There are just SO MANY things that can give dogs loose stool and Boxers seem to run the range on all of them.  They just have such sensitive stomachs.  It could be any of the things you mentioned.  Just make sure he is eating and drinking, or take his temp.  Normal is up to 102 anything over 103 is a problem.  :)  Good Luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts