Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 6 month old boxer,Nino is your typical stubborn boxer puppy. We've done we'll with house breaking him and he sits on command in the house and states and comes but when we are in a park he will try to bolt off if he sees anything and its like he's never learned any commands. I need a Boxer focused trainer if possible but I will take a great successful trainer with a proven track record. Any suggestion?

Also, Nino needs a boxer play date. Or a good bark park. Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

ImageUploadedByPG Free1361101732.383287.jpg ImageUploadedByPG Free1361101784.198394.jpg

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I don't have any suggestions or help in the location department bc I live in Tx but I understand him not listening in a distracting environment. In any behavior, you need fluency. First work on precision (how exactly you want the behavior to look, ex. Come. I want the dog to RUN to me, not dawdle around smelling the flowers along the way), then work on latency (the time between the cue and when the behavior starts to happen), the speed (the actual time the behavior takes from start to finish), next is distractions, duration, and distance. So before you take the "come" cue to different places, work on the precision latency and speed first. Then proceed with baby steps to more and more distracting environments.

This link should help
http://www.clickertraining.com/node/2279

Good luck!!!!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 2 of 2 Posts