Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has nothing to do with boxers but I was reading my MSN.COM news and it had the headline that Britney Spears' little sister Jamie Lynn is pregnant at 16 years old. This is after she had a pregnancy scare in July. I wanted to know how people here felt about that since she is the star of a youth oriented nickelodeon TV series Zoe 101. At 16 she has the money to care for a baby but most kids at that age dont so I am kind of torn between thinking she has no obligation to anyone but also thinking she is a teen rolemodel and girls might start to think 'hey, it isnt that hard if she can do it'. Just wanted to know what people thought of it, especially since some of you have kids that might watch her show or shows like it.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I seen that yesterday on E! News. Im a little creeped out by it actually, that is definately not something I would want my kids thinking was okay. But then again you could go another direction with it and use her as an example of the way NOT to do things.
I dont have kids though so it really didnt bother me but it was quite shocking.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
i was surprised but not shocked i mean look who her example is .. and hollywood does this to these young girls..16...its jsut sad..there goes her teenage yrs..all the fun you are supposed to have..reguardless of the money and fame shes still 16..

jeez !! glad i dont have daughters lol..i really look up to people that do though....hard work

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I agree... that was my first thought... look at who her role model is! Though instead of using my siblings as role models I instead saw them as... okay... don't do stupid shyt like that. Yeah they were pretty bad... my poor parents.

I didn't know that she was the star of Zoe 101... so that's definitely bad... I think. I remember being in 8th grade... in my English class alone there were 3 girls that were pregnant. Yeah... that's pretty messed up... at what... 13/14 yrs old.

Some "kids" are mature enough to take care of their own... as strange as that sounds. At 14/15 I wanted to adopt my niece. I know so not possible... but I took such better care of her and gave her LOVE that my brother who was 22 and his wife just... I don't know, they didn't even seem to care. Of course I knew that wasn't possible... but I wanted to "save" her so bad. Anyway... some "kids" are mature enough... though if they put themselves in that kind of situation they are MOST LIKELY NOT mature enough. If that makes since.

Alright, I'm starting to ramble I think... so I'll shut up now.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I heard about this too just recently. The sad thing is, in my town, that is the typical age for kids to drop out of school from being pregnant. There was a girl who was even 15 got pregnant. It is interesting to see this happening in the media, and having her almost like a role model for younger kids who watch her show.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
sharonL\";p=\"60120 said:
[quote="Ky_IsisnOnyxsMama\";p=\"60113":epoawsga] jeez !! glad i dont have daughters lol..i really look up to people that do though....hard work
Tell me about it!!!!! It scares me to death.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I think it's really disturbing.  They've sexed up little girls so much it's crazy.  I went through the little girl section and undies for 4-6 year old girls have strings on the sides! I couldn't believe it, that is one of the main reasons I don't want kids, these little girls are trying to be sexy younger and younger.  I don't know if this kind of thing will ever change.  It's so weird to think when she's my age she'll have 7 year old! That's insane!

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
the worst part about the whole jamie lynne thing ( besides the fact that she is 16 and pregnant) #-o  is she met her boyfriend at church!i am terrified of my daughter growing up.all these little 12 year old girls in push up bras... um... hello!!!!!! there is nothing to push up! my daughter is almost 4 and i know a ton of girls she goes to school with that are her age are already watching hannah montana and high school musical. 8O

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I think Nickelodeon should boot her butt! My daughter will be seven next month, and I don't particularily want her watching some teen going through a pregnancy on a show. Kids grow up way too fast nowadays. My daughter already wants to marry a 6th grader on her bus! I don't know, when I was 6 & 7 years old, boys were yucky! It scares the crap out of me what teens are doing at ages 12 and 13. I remember watching an episode of Dateline talking to 12 and 13 year olds about sex, and they were talking like it's no big deal! Boy, times have really changed. There may have been teens doing the same things way back when, but they weren't bragging or talking about it. When there was a pregnant girl in high school, she dropped out of school. You never saw a pregnant girl in school. Now, It's probably no big whoop to see that.
Now I know what my hubby means when he says, "When you have a little boy, you worry about your little boy. When you have a little girl, you worry about all the little boys!" I don't know what I'll do during the teenage years!  8O

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What is CRAZY is that she had a pregnancy scare back in July. Now im not advocating for 16 yr olds to be having sex but clearly she was if she had a pregnancy scare so shouldnt her mother have gotten her on some birth control? I understand some religions do not allow it but now she is 16 and having a baby. I know that some people are mentally mature at that age (VERY FEW) and she has the financial means to do so but like Ky said she is giving up her youth. These are supposed to be the carefree years before you have to really start life with responsibilities. If i had gotten pregnant at that age id have a 7 year old now and my god 7 years of taking care of a child is VERY HARD. It's like a full time job. I just hope that young girls dont look at her and say well...if i get pregnant it wil be alright because most of them wont be able to afford the best prenatal care in the world, have nannies to take the kids when they need a break and be able to still do whatever they want because they can pay someone else to care for their kids.....I was just shocked basically because i think back to when i was 16 and all i had on my mind was highschool exams and what college i may want to go to sometime in the near future.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I think its rediculous, the media today, its somehow getting to young CHILDREN! And making them see how these "role models" are acting, and they see this as a good thing, even when its not. Its just like the whole size and weight controversy, young girls see their models succeeding and doing great, and looking like skeletons. The media is such a dangerous thing for kids.

·
Registered
186 Posts
With Jamie being 16 yes that is to young to have a child I agree. But you have to be able to trust your kids when they get to that age and just let them know that they can be comfortable talking to you when that times come. Kids are having intercourse younger and younger. I learned all of this when i was taking classes. One of my classes was Human Sexuality. Your children will know how to pick good and bad roal models. I doubt they will have her filming when she gets further on for that simple fact. Kids at the age of where they are watching her don't really care about the news. Then yet you do get the some that do. My step daughters mom was 16 when she got pregnant with her. But she was also allowed to run around and do anything she wants. There is a diffrence about everything.

The funny thing to me was her mom was going to come out with a parenting book. I don't think she needs to come out with now!!!

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes please with Britney and then Jamie lynn let her keep her parenting book to herself unless it is called "What not to do as a parent". Sorry to be so critical of her but what makes me angry is that the kids that watch that show are nowhere near 16...and i dont believe she plays a 16 year old on it either....they are like 12-14 years old on the show i think and the kids that watch it are probably 12 max. It is those kids that love her and scream for her and then will see her having a baby. I wonder if the baby will get guest star spots on the show lol.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
[quote="Ky_IsisnOnyxsMama";p="60132Sharon ...remember when we were younger? was it like this? did we care about boys that young? [/quote]

I would like to say no Ky, but when I tell my mom about some of the stuff my daughter says and wants and see's, she says "yeah you were like that too".  I do not think to that extent though.  I somewhat remember thinking I had a boyfriend in about the 2nd grade.  He probably did not even know he was my boyfriend :) I also grew up around horses and going to shows almost every weekend.  On a 80 acre Quarter Horse Farm there was ALWAYS chores to be done, and we started helping at a young age.  My dad was serious about the fact that if I wanted something, I had to care for it...So, there were dogs, chickens, pigs, cows, horses, goats....Like I said always something to do....I remember being more of a Tom Boy and my daughter wants to be Hanna Montana.  I have even had friends that knew me in jr. high say "You were never such a girlie girl, where does your daughter get that from."

Like your sister Ky, I put off family until after college and a job, so I was already in my 30's when I had my daughter.....

After reading the other post I have to agree that things have become way to commercialized for young girls and everything from shows on TV to department store clothes makes them grow up faster, or I should say want to be grown up faster. That is one thing that is scares me about this deal with Spears, is that girls should not see it as a role model.

My daughter had a bra listed on her Christmas list to Santa and is very serious that she wants one....for what I dont know!  I bought her new undie's for Christmas and she was very intent that they could not have cartoon's on them, so I had to sift through the bikini's and string ties and all of that to find just some regular old kid panties.

She is on her 3rd boyfriend since school started (so she says, again I dont know that they know about it), and back with the first one the teacher at daycare told me that they got caught kissing each other....I about FELL OUT....I told her not to be kissing stinky bugger eating boys (no offense to moms of boys), and she promptly told me that "he did not stink he smelled like strawberrys" aggggggg........like I say they get boy crazy way to young!!!!!! It scares the crap out of me!!!!  

But, in reality all I can say is that I hope it is a phase and she will move past it all, which I think as she gets a little older maybe that will happen and if and when the time comes she doesnt (which I pray is about the age of 20) :)....then unlike the parent of Spears, she and I will be off to the doctor to get education and protection!!!!!!!

G

·
0 Posts
I spend most of my day at work reading about Brittany Spears, and the stories just get better and better.   That family is pure entertainment!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Didn't really surprise me.  Brittany turned out to be a tramp, now her sister is pregnant at 16, so you can say the same for her.  I bet there Mom is the same way!  I thought she was affiliated with Disney, and I hope they let her go.   She's definitely not a good role model for kids.  I heard her boyfriend is 18, wonder if rape might be tossed out there!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts