Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
our dogs are our children, where we go, they go. I guess some people arent commited to their dogs. sad really.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Sunny is calling to see if they will hold that poor girl for her until Sunday. Honestly I do not understand some people!

·
Registered
296 Posts
We are in a large military community and some people tend to get dogs and not have a plan for when they have to move. Some people can not afford to ship their animals, don't want to take them, or get deployed and have no where for the poor baby to go. It's really sad, but unfortunately a reality in this area.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm a military wife, I get posted every 4 years whether I want to or not. That means I have to manage movers and packing, house hunting, and house selling and usually-- I have to do it all by myself. I have a billion things to worry about and not only that, I don't like planes so flying is not an option. I have to drive and it's usually 20-30 hours of driving from one side of the country to the next. Of all that hassle, not once have I ever considered giving away any of my animals. So why the heck are people throwing away their pets like they are an old pair of jeans?? GRR! This makes me so angry. Not only that, what about the child who is attached to the dog?? What does she think? Every time the family moves, she has to wrench her little heart out as she watches her beloved companion being taken away from her by strangers!

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
carmel..i am with you 110%...we are army..we have 2 sons..the dogs and the cats..

DUH people..you KNOW you are military... you didnt wake up and poof you were enlisted :roll:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Can you imagine how the child feels and the boxer for that matter. My Boxer is very attached to my kids, she would grieve if the were seperated. And after having her for that long she should be part of their family.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I agree with all of the above.. I think everything on craigslist is crazy or dumb.  It seems like every time we turn around there is a post of someone giving away a boxer or stuff that just does not seem right (JMOP)

·
Registered
255 Posts
That's how we got Porter... from a family that was moving and couldn't take him.  That's what went through my head... "how could you get a puppy and then just leave him behind?!"  I don't get it.  Where we go, our babies go!!  Fur or skin!!

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Our fur babies cost us about 11'000.00 british pounds to bring back to UK, that included 1300.00 a month for qurentine fees 8O , if i couldnt have afforded tobring them i would not have come back :no: . The currency conversion from Rands to Pounds is ridiculous, we sold our house and almost the entire money went on paying for the dogs flight and things 8O , you have to be committed when you get animals, if your not then you should do them a favour and not bother getting them and putting them through the emmotional stress. :x

There is nothing in the world, ever, that would make me give up my babies.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts