Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the bags packed? Are you ready to go? Lol.....Have a super time on hols in Ireland..Please, please make sure you do some pub time, there is nothing like it!!!

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
I'm almost done!!!!!  I have some laundry to pick up tonight with my dress for the wedding and Shauns suit... other then that we are basically packed and ready to go!

I'M SURE we will be doing lots of pub time!!!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Have a great time!  :D

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Thanks guys!  Im sure its gonna be a blast...

I have a 500 picture memory card so there will be plenty of pics! LOL!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
OK...This is gonna sound really stupid, but I got to visit Ireland when I was in the military (I'm half Irish and half Native American; and still have family in Ireland) and OMG...I loved it.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would go back in a heartbeat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  My family, whom I hadn't seen in years, were incredible.  I felt like I spent my entire time there eating and visiting family at the local pub.  It was great.  Have a pint for me!!!

Have a great time!!!!!

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
948 Posts
My boyfriend's family on his dads side is Irish! His uncle backpacks through Europe and stays in Ireland for a month or so in the summer.

Have fun and take loads of pictures!  :D

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Im half Irish and half Italian, and I went to Italy when i was in High School... It's only right that I visit Ireland now also!  I cant wait!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I was stationed in Germany in the Air Force.  I loved Europe!!!  The food is awesome and for the mst part the people are great too!  I also spend time and talk to my Native American family.  I love that my bloodline is mixed the way it is.

I hoe you have a great time!!!!!!!!

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
905 Posts
Did you find out where you're actually staying yet???!!!

The good news is the weather is supposed to ber very good for the next two weeks - sunny & dry with temps of about 24 degrees (about 75F).  Believe me, that's hot for here!

Enjoy your stay and have lots of  :drinker:

How long are you over for?

For anyone who is ever planning a trip to Ireland, the book McCarthy's Bar is an absolute must-read - it'll give you some indication of what you're in for!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Honeyec, I read that book, actually after I lived there nad yea, it's definitely a MUST read...Great insight into life in the Emerald Isle....

Hmm, just got an idea for a new thread  :idea:

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
I'M BACKK!!!!!

It was awesome... we were about an hour and a half away from Shannon Airport, in Galway, just a couple of minutes from Athenry, the wedding, reception and the party the next day were all in the town of Athenry!!! My camera was ruined before i took one picture... but everyone else will share their pictures with me... will post them asap

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dang, that was a fast trip!! Still got the jet lag thing going on or are lucky enuf not to suffer from that? Glad you had a great time, I always enjoyed Galway...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts