Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
goodmorning all, have not been here in a while , did not realize how much work joe was, he is a handful,but he is a joy to have, anyways i have some questions that i know you can help me with, first off as you may well know joe is a white boxer just turned 4 months old, was miss diagnosed from the emergency room for kennel cough we got through that then theymade a mistake an set a date to neuter him when he was three months old, thank god i called to cancel because thats how they caught it,then we went in for shots last week and apologized because they forgot to tell me he had worms since his first visit in december, its march.....................need i say more.  so far he sits, stays, down, leaves it ,takes it when told sometimes does not do well on the leash when he sees people or kids and jumps still working on that,is crated had a couple of accidents in crate but now goes outside no more papers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.  he picks up everything whiel we are walking all i say the whole way is "drop it!!"  yesterday he threwup grass and sticks.. he is starting to get some black spots on hi skin and he weighs about 30 lbs he grabs everthing is very nosey and very funny!   just an update!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
If my vet told me 3 months later they'd screwed up and not given my two the de-worming medicine they needed, that would be my last visit there.  My white girl Sadie has a ton of smaller spots, mainly brindle, but you can see a couple fawn colored spots.  By all the pics I've seen, the spots will get bigger the older they get.  Sadie picks everything up to.  She's my troublemaker.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
He is just the cutest!!  

I would definitely look into another vet, I'd be scared to bring him there again.  Sounds like he's doing great!  I still have difficulty walking Lola sometimes, she wants to sniff everything and every time a person or dog walks near us she'll stop, sit and watch them, or pull me towards them.  Lola finally grew out of her grass and twig eating phase, so hopefully he will soon.  I occasionally have to pull a leave or something from her mouth, but nothing like when she was little!!  

Good luck with everything!

·
Registered
578 Posts
Try making your lead shorter. I tied a loop in out leash so I have an extra handle, Fredo is forced to keep his head up and close to my body, and we kind of "power walk" so he doesn't get distracted. Although yesterday we were out and someone's little dog came running across the street to us and wouldn't leave Fredo alone. He started getting into play mode and it took a while to pullhim back. I hate when people have their dogs running around off leash in the front yard, especially in front of a pretty busy street, come on now!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I would switch vets too.   Sounds like he is doing well for 4 moonths old; we need update pics of that cutie.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
he is so cute! our is also 4 months and a vacuum indoors and out, and on a walk she'll heel as long as there are not distractions, if something walks/runs/flies by forget it she's gone lol, lately I've been making her sit and stay until the distraction passes :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts