Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
good evening all i just wanted to vent a little tonight before i turn in very windy here in north tonawanda ny so me and joe go for a walk bags in hand for the clean up, well he has this obsession with leaves so the walk was very out of control with them flying all over, so we come in and he decides to pee on the kitchen floor right in front of me then jumps on the couch which is a huge no no and makes pretend he is sleeping, by the way the fake sleeping he has been doing alot lately, and i have to admit it is quite comical because he squeezes his eyes so tight they flicker, anyways after three attempts on the couch he growled at me upon taking him off , it made me quite uneasy with him then he proceeded to go up in my sons room and hide from me, but all is good for now he is in his crate sleeping and we are down for the night i just had to share ill be online for a while

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
They do try our patience sometimes.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
How old is he?  He may just be testing the waters, seeing what he can get away with.  You gotta nip that back talk in the bud.  Don't let him start being mouthy now or it'll never stop.  Next time he growls or barks at you when you are correcting him, tell him no bark or something like that.  Say it in a disappointed tone of voice, he'll get it and will stop.

As for the fake sleeping, yeah, Henry does that too.  Rocky was really bad about it!  Especially first thing in the morning when he didn't want to go out to pott yet.  He would sqeeze his eyes real tight and scrunch his mout closed as tight as he could. :lol:   I don't know what he thought we were going to do to his mouth, but it was too funny!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts