Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Many of you know the journey I have been through with my boxer. Just to give a short backstory to those who dont know but my boxer had a bad cause of diarrhea, some vomiting, and loss of weight over the of 2021. In Oct of 2021 he saw the Internal Doctor and had as colonoscopy procedure and off the back the vet saw umbilicated lymphoid follicles, purple nodules arranged in a linear fashion with one larger purple mass like lesion. Got most of the test results back, and it wasn't cancer, he had severe form of inflammation and all the other test pointed out that he has boxer colitis, and was on antibiotics. Two months later his weight gain came back, slowly but surely his stomach started improving etc. Come the new year he reverted back to diarrhea, vomiting and lost of weight. He was put on antibiotics and steroids and another type of prescription food (being mindful that his been on 4 different types of prescription food) and got even worse. went from 60+ pds back to 50 (he about 17 months then). I got a second opinion and ended up switching him to raw BARF diet. And let me tell you that it was night and day for him. He has been on raw diet for almost 3 months now, and his diarrhea stop, no more vomiting and his gained most of weigh back to to at least 60 pds. I have learn from this journey that kibble food wasn't good for him not even prescription food. Yes raw diet is a little bit more expense but I was spending just about the same on prescription food.

Thank you to those he gave me excellent advice on helping me through this journey. I may not be out of the woods yet but so far so good.

This is King on Valentines day View attachment 137172

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
So glad you found something that works for your dog. It’s so stressful seeing your dog suffer with an ailment and spending tons of money with no results, hopefully Kings problems are behind him now.

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
I am very happy to hear that King is doing much better. This is not the first time that I've heard about boxers and digestion and that seemingly they do so much better on a raw diet. Thanks for the update, He looks great!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am very happy to hear that King is doing much better. This is not the first time that I've heard about boxers and digestion and that seemingly they do so much better on a raw diet. Thanks for the update, He looks great!
When I first got king I was going to put him on raw diet, but decided not too. But hopefully this is a start normal digestion for him.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you decide to take your pet with you, consider the timing and distance of the trip, the animal's state of health, and its age. Not all pets tolerate trips well, especially weakened dogs, cats, and the aged. Many elderly animals do not respond well to changes — they are calmer at home, provided that someone will feed them and take care of them. Another option is to give the pet for temporary residence to your friends or relatives whom he knows. You can also contact those who are engaged in overexposure. I couldn't do that, so I took my dog with me, and I constantly traveled by train. Schedule dbauskunft.com. It was always with me, so I didn't have any problems.

·
Registered
71 Posts
That is really good I did a heap of research to try and get my last Boy Past 12 he has gone but I hope it
will help with my next dog Offal is what Wolves Eat first things like Heart has more Vitamins in it than standard
meat.

I have not gone Raw because I have to microwave my pre prepared packs but
Beef Heart is worth a look the Quality of the meat compared to price is incredible
I get Beef heart liver and Kidney chunk it freeze it and give it to the pup every couple of days

I used to feed Chicken necks but not any more because of these studies

Boxers can go to 16 years

Good Luck

·
Registered
1 Posts
Traveling with pets is a great idea. I thought at once. But, no, I'm joking. It's really cool. I've seen a lot of dogs traveling, and I think it's stressful for all of them. Jackie and I are experienced travelers. And you know when my girlfriend had her first flight Jackie was as calm as a cucumber. We went to Australia for a van trip. We had fantastic adventures there, so on the last day of our vacation, we decided to have a rest at a hotel. There were a lot of hotels near me, but we were lucky to find a pet-friendly one. Btw, as it turned out, Jackie loves grapes. So, always take your pets with you, 'cause if you don't, they will think you've left them forever.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts