Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its been a long journey and my boxer has been going on 4 month of diarrhea, some vomiting, and loss of weight. Hes now been seeing the Internal Doctor getting test done etc. Right now they put him on his third prescription food Pro Plan Veterinary Diets EN Gastroenteric Formula which still has him lose to running stool. She has given me a couple of suggestions on food, but for me to also look for one that don’t include peas, lentils, potatoes etc that are listed in the first 1-10 ingredients weather its grain or grain free food. I know that I have asked this question before but do any of you have any suggestions on what food would be good for boxer. Its becoming very frustrating
Appreciate the feedback.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Has your dog been screened for giardiasis and coccidia? Those tests usually need to be sent out sometimes these things can be hard to get rid of and all water bowls food bowls need to be cleaned and sanitized daily. Sometimes hookworms are the culprit as well though I’m sure your vet looked for those, my female got an overload of bacteria in her gut flollowing a bout of giardiasis she had to do two course of baytril and cleared up almost right away so don’t give up it’s really not always the food

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Has your dog been screened for giardiasis and coccidia? Those tests usually need to be sent out sometimes these things can be hard to get rid of and all water bowls food bowls need to be cleaned and sanitized daily. Sometimes hookworms are the culprit as well though I’m sure your vet looked for those, my female got an overload of bacteria in her gut flollowing a bout of giardiasis she had to do two course of baytril and cleared up almost right away so don’t give up it’s really not always the food
There doing everything on him from Addison disease, IBD, Boxer colitis, bacteria testing etc. and they gave him another treatment for hook warms just in case. I really hope they find something to get him better. Thank you

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I went thru a lot of testing and money with my girl baytril was the only thing that helped her I actually read about it on this site and there was a paper written on it by a vet I took the info to my vet he read it and got her on baytril and it worked after months of diahrea and blood in her stool so don’t give up

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went thru a lot of testing and money with my girl baytril was the only thing that helped her I actually read about it on this site and there was a paper written on it by a vet I took the info to my vet he read it and got her on baytril and it worked after months of diahrea and blood in her stool so don’t give up
Yesterday he had his colonoscopy procedure and off the back the vet saw umbilicated lymphoid follicles, purple nodules arranged in a linear fashion with one larger purple mass like lesion which she rarely seen in a puppy at the age of 1. Hopefully will get the results back soon.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Its been a long journey and my boxer has been going on 4 month of diarrhea, some vomiting, and loss of weight. Hes now been seeing the Internal Doctor getting test done etc. Right now they put him on his third prescription food Pro Plan Veterinary Diets EN Gastroenteric Formula which still has him lose to running stool. She has given me a couple of suggestions on food, but for me to also look for one that don’t include peas, lentils, potatoes etc that are listed in the first 1-10 ingredients weather its grain or grain free food. I know that I have asked this question before but do any of you have any suggestions on what food would be good for boxer. Its becoming very frustrating
Appreciate the feedback.
Just given an update, we go most of the test results back, and it is not cancer, he has severe form of inflammation and all the other test pointed out that he has boxer colitis, but were still waiting one more test results. He will be put on antibiotics and a different food food that is not grain freee.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts