Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
    My name is Caitlin.  I have a 19month old neutered male boxer named Lincoln.  He is the typical loving, goofy boxer boy.  I'm sure most of you have dealt with the jumping problem at one point or another.  I feel like I've tried everything, but he still jumps on strangers when he sees them and even on my roommates who he sees everyday.  :x   Help!  I'm frustrated that he acts like this.  I know he just does it out of exuberance and really just wants to kiss everyone, but it's not acceptable.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.   thanks a bunch.   :D

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Hi there & welcome to the forum. Oh boy you have a typical boxer & jumping is the hardest thing to break them of. They can't help it, but yes it is extremely frustrating. My Buck was my jumper & we never completely cured him of that, but it got better with age. It was so bad with him that when we had company a lot of times I had to make him stay outside, which I hated, but had no choice. It wasn't until he was about 3 that he started to calm down some.

A good knee into his chest works well with some, or you also can train him with treats, teach him when someone comes in to sit, reward him and continue the praise if he stays off the person. Most of the time once the initial excitement of the new person wears off, they are fine, at least that is what I discovered.

I'm by no means an expert & there a few other people on here who should be able to give you some great tips..Good luck & look forward to hearing more about your Lincoln

1 - 2 of 2 Posts