Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing seriously important... my brother doesn't even have Baine anymore but it's been bothering me. This pic is of Baine when my brother first got him... he's suppose to be a boxer and I never had doubted it before (of course this was 5 or 6 yrs ago) but I didn't know that much about the breed. When he got older he did the whole BUTT WIGGLE thing! MORE SO THEN ODIN DOES NOW! But... I can't help to look at this pic of him and say... "Hey... ummm I don't think that's a boxer!?" or is it... just with no wrinkles??? Though it looks like a long snout!???? Just thought I'd ask and get an opinion... nothing seriousy important...or important at all just wondered what everyone would think.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
he looks like he could be a mix, but i agree his nose appears to be  too long for a boxer. maybe some sort of rotti or dobi. the "eye shadow" right above the eyes are commonly found on both those breeds.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I'd say mix, too; along with the longer, narrower, rounded muzzle, it also looks as if there is some black on the shoulder which looks different from typical brindling.  My first thought was Beagle, though really that just popped into my head, it's not an educated guess. :)

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I would have guessed something like that too. My brother got him from a BYB... I mean I didn't really now about any of that stuff then... that would have put me at about 15, 16 yrs old (or did he). Didn't know at all about BYB's and puppy mills, etc. But now that's what I can say was going on... I think he paid $300 for him... didn't even get papers... OF COURSE... well don't think he did... obviously not... I think the actual price was $150... or something I know the guy was letting him make a couple of payments on it.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
It's definitely a mix..Beagle/rottie it kinda looks like...the coloring above the eyes is not a boxer trait at all..Rotties yes...Interesting pup..How big did he get?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts