Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering to myself if I should share this story, but decided to just as a reminder.

This morning I had a 8 year old yorki (larger one about 12 pounds) come in and he had been attacked by a Rott.  The owner of the dog has an invisable fence and has never had a problem with his dog (the yorki) staying within his yard.  The problem was that the neighbors Rott got out of it's fence somehow and came into his yard and chased the little Yorki down and attacked him....

It was obvious by the signs on the yorki that he had been grabbed by the neck and shaken pretty bad.  His body temp was so low and he was in shock, it also caused internal injury and blood was coming from his nose along with a colapsed trach....The result was the Yorki being put to sleep and a very upset and needless to say pissed off owner.

The reminder is to try and always watch them even if you feel they are safe in the yard.... fence/no fence/invisable fence.... You just never know what can happen :)

RIP Kip

·
Registered
427 Posts
Oh my word...
That poor puppy
I can say that I would be a little over pissed about that situation.
Rest in Peace Kip :(

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Oh good grief. Im soo sorry about this. I have NO faith whatsoever in those electric fences! Our neighbors have it and they have VERY aggressive pekes that came through the fence and attacked me and Roxy when she was a puppy. Ever since then shes a terror on lead with other dogs.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Oh Sharon, how sad..My heart goes out the owner of the Yorkie....

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Horrible! RIP Kip!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Poor baby, run free little Kip.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
oh my that is so sad. sometimes we have to learn things or we have to remember things the hard way. that poor family. rip little kip....run free

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
aww RIP Kip..thats aweful !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts