Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone- it is the end of the school year and I am swamped with daughter, dog, and essays.  I wanted to share some things with you though.  Cactus is now 56 lbs and just a week and a half under 8 months old.  He is so well trained that I do not need to be holding the leash for him to heel, sit, lie down, and come.  I am having so much fun teaching him things.  He just discovered bubbles- my daughter blows them while he leaps and jumps and bites them.  He "walks himself" by taking his leash in his mouth and running off but always "walks himself" back to where I am at.

I don't know if you all remember but when I first got him (nearly half a year ago already!!!!) he had three seizures.  Infectious disease was ruled out.  Epilepsy is of course a condition that cannot be directly diagnosed but by eliminating all the other possibilities (tumors, etc) you can can assume it.  Anyway, I have been feeding him dry Nutro since the day I got him..... so after switching his food, I am hoping and praying that it was the food that caused his seizures!!!!

He still loves to get sand at the park and does the boxer burn on every little patch of grass we walk by.  (There is not a lot of grass here in Scottsdale).  He is still a wonderful goof ball.  His wagging nub and kidney-bean greetings still make my day.

What is new with everyone?  There are so many new people- I want to say hi and welcome to everyone!!!  I love funny stories and pictures so if anyone feels like sharing, I would love to hear.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Glad to see hes doing so well...   a good kidney bean hello always makes me smile too!

·
Registered
977 Posts
Hello, I'm Annette aka "Caillou" and i'm new! Pleased to meet you. Love your dog! What's the "boxer burn"? Is it when they do the running round and round full pelt thing non stop? My breeder calls it the "quart d'heure de folie" - the quarter hour of madness!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Hi Anne! Glad to see you back. Geez......Cactus got big, 57 lbs. already!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hello again!   :)  yes we need updated pics of Cactus,

My other dog Floyd had the same problem and started getting it once every month in the beginning than much more often to 3/4 times in a month sometimes even twice a day,so If Cactus got it only once and not repeatedly it must be from the food because the doctor told me to wait to see if he gets it again before he gave him Tegretol pills 3 times a day.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Hey Anne.....
BTW was Cactus neutered? I know you were thinking of getting it done a while back. Let us know!   :roll:

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Anne.....welcome back  :)  We have missed you....Glad things are going well and you do sound busy...Cactus is turning into a very good, well behaved young man it sounds like and I am very happy to hear that there have been no more seizures..That is great news....

Definitely time to post some new pictures of the handsome Cactus and yes, he definitely has grown!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts