Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The day I picked Sophie up I made the appointment to get her ears cropped.  But after being on this site and seeing the natural beauty of everyone else's babies, I've decided I just can't do it.  I am not saying I'm against it for those that choose to crop.  I've just had my eyes opened.  I just keep looking at her and thinking how can I put her through this.  Anyway, you won't be seeing Sophie with anything but her natural (and most of the time inside out) ears.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I agree, after having our first one done there was no way we could do any of the others.  I personally love the floppy look.  It is a personal choice and I don't judge anyone who has them done, there are some fine looking boxers on here with cropped ears.  We just choose not to do it with ours!

Your baby is beautiful and those floppy ears blowing in the breeze turning inside out will always be adorable!  :D  I don't think you will regret changing your mind!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
LoL Kate, well I think everyone knows that my personal preference is natural ears, I just think they have more expression and every day when I look at Samson's too short ears, it makes me want to scream.....Having said that, I have seen some boxers that the crop really enhances the way they look, more regal.....But there is something to be said for that natural ear just flopping in the breeze when they run..... :)

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I think the flop gives Sophie her own little personality! She looks great the way she is!  :D

·
Registered
294 Posts
samsonsmom\";p=\"29048 said:
But there is something to be said for that natural ear just flopping in the breeze when they run..... :)
 I absolutely love that too!  I can't help but LOL when I see Beckham's ears flopping while he's trotting next to me...Totally not against cropping either, but good decision.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
:D i lovew the floppy ears.. :D not against it but its not for me..so silly to see Isis laying upside down with her ears inside out haha

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I can't afford it even if I wanted to...but, I am having enough trouble facing the pain they go through with getting neutered...I couldn't do it...and I do love the soft silky ears...and the inside out thing is a blast...on the other hand, I can not picture Jackson(their father) with natural ears...

To each his own!

·
Registered
236 Posts
I prefer the natural ears too.   It's very soothing to stroke those soft velvety ears.  Just another one of the joys of living with a Boxer.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I prefer the floppy ears and I would never crop but I have to admit I do like seeing show dogs with the cropped ears, there is something regal about them.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I love the look of a boxer with cropped ears as well and I think Odin is absolutely regal and wouldn't be Odin without his ears done, and I'm sure Tango will be a doll too.  For me it was just a personal decision I came to because I learned to appreciate the breed for it's natural beauty as well as the cosmetic beauty.  There is not right or wrong -- it's just a choice that we each have to make.  This site and all the beautiful people and babies here have helped me come to my decision and I'm totally happy with it.  It's a judgment call on my part and I'd rather put the money ($500.00 here) into the bank for future medical expenses or toys than on the top of her head.   Thanks for listening.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts