Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we just got Titans dad about a week and a half ago.  We had called the people we got Titan from to ask questions about his parents size so we could compare to Titan.  We got off the phone with them and they called back about a half hour later telling us they were moving and they could not take Rowdy (Titans dad) and they asked us if we wanted him...(Before we bought Titan we tried to buy Rowdy but they would not sell him) So we were excited and asked how much?? They told us that they would just give him to us because they just wanted to make sure he went to a good home..  Things are going good he is a 1 1/2 and he gets along with Titan and Emma... Titan is scared of him though.  Rowdy tries to play with Titan and Titan runs he is scared of his size.. Titan doesn't seem to mind Rowdy ias long as Rowdy is not paying attention to him.  But Emma she is fearless she is our Mini Schnauzer and she will jump all over Rowdy, which makes Titan jealous becuase Rowdy is stealing his playing partner.  Titan sits on the side lines a barks a Emma to try and get her to play with him it is kinda sad :(.  I will add picture to my album if you want to see father and son..  Just wanted to share the news.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Sounds like you have your hands full...Rowdy is Titan's dad correct? 1 1/2 is kinda young for fatherhood. Generally you wait til all testing is done(some can't be done til 2)..Was it an accidental litter or planned? Sorry fo rthe questions, it's just unusual to hear a reputable breeder using a puppy at stud...

·
Registered
412 Posts
samsonsmom\";p=\"51936 said:
Sounds like you have your hands full...Rowdy is Titan's dad correct? 1 1/2 is kinda young for fatherhood. Generally you wait til all testing is done(some can't be done til 2)..Was it an accidental litter or planned? Sorry fo rthe questions, it's just unusual to hear a reputable breeder using a puppy at stud...
My thoughts exactly. And what reputable breader would move and not make provitions for their pups? But nevertheless good luck with them getting along.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I know I've said this before, but I've read that if two male boxer get into it once - they wind up being enemies for life.  So I guess my main concern would be that if Titan's and dad are still unneutered you may have some harmone issues with them, especially since Titan's dad has already been used as a stud.  I know with other breeds I've owned, stud dogs can become more territorial and possibly even agressive to other males due to that fact alone.  I'd just watch them closely and until they can both be fixed.  Generally speaking (and those of you who breed boxer can correct me if I'm wrong on this) most breeders do not allow unaltered males to run together - especially when females in the area start coming into season.  Hope things keep going well for you.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Leanne\";p=\"51945 said:
Dosent really matter about the age and breeder now!

GOOD LUCK WITH ALL YOUR BABIES :D
Your absolutly right. But contributing to these practices at any time only promotes the actions.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Dosent really matter about the age and breeder now!
Nope it does not now, however without mentioning anything newbie readers can think that this practice is correct when its not.   So by people stating what a breeder is doing wrong, can only help to educate those who do not know otherwise.  It has no direct reflection on the poster.   They took a dog in that needed a home, and for that - two thumbs up!!!

·
Registered
893 Posts
Hanna Banna couldn't have said it better. Yes 2 thumbs up from me to for taking in the dog. Don't take the posting about the breeder personally, as they are not using good breeding practices and that isn't your fault. Enjoy your new addition, as a word of caution don't let the 2 males alone until you see how they interact with each other.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the replies.  Just to answer some questions it was not a planned litter it just happened and when the people who owned Rowdy found out they got him neutered.  So he is neutered and Titan is not we want to wait till he is about 6 months so it is coming up.  I hope they can manage.  So since Rowdy is neutered will that help the situation??

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Congrats on getting Rowdy and Im glad they neutered him! It was very responcible

·
Registered
780 Posts
Congratulations!  It is great that Rowdy will go to a good home with you.  You can't help what the breeder did before but taking the dog and giving it a good home is wonderful!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Having one neutered will definitely help. I do understand accidents, they happen even under the best of circumstances..How are things going with them or is Emma ruling the roost? Females sometimes do that regardless of the breed :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Things are going good Titan is still the same.  The two things he does is he will hide under the bed and bark at Rowdy to get Rowdy to play with him but of course Rowdy can not get to him well when Rowdy turns around to leave Titan runs out from underneath the bed all excited and soon a Rowdy turns around to come back Titan jets back under the bed it is funny.  Also today I was letting the dogs out and while I was waiting for Emma to come back in Titan and Rowdy were standing at the door well Titan starts barking and boxing at Rowdy but it was through my legs or around them he felt safe since I was in the middle.  He is so cute I updated my album so you can see Rowdy now.  I posted a picture of Emma and Rowdy playing he looks like he is going to bite off her head but it just shows she is not scared of his size.  Hope you like the pics.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
The pics are great! They all look like they are getting along well and Emma does look like she is holding her own quite well....Love the ones of all of them sleeping together, so sweet

1 - 19 of 19 Posts