Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I came home today I seen in his ear a round bump so I called the vet and went right in.So the vet told me it was a tumor but not a serious one. Its called  Histiocytoma...So he said he thinks that he should do surgery...SO he will do it next friday...The will have to put Carter to sleep to do it then give him pain meds...The whole thing is gonna cost around 200...Just wanted to let everyone know whats going on with him.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
poor Carter!! such a rough start this boy has had! keep us posted John on how he is doing. Be sure to tell him that all his friends are wishing he a safe surgery and to get well asap!

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
All hystios dont have to be surgically removed just to let you know!! They go away by themselves. Roxy had one on her leg when she was about a year old and it took i think 3 weeks to go away!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I think Felix has had two of them and they both went away in less than a month.  What I've generally read is that you should wait about 3 months before surgery.
IMO I would wait and see, since they are not cancerous and putting him under anesthesia might not be necessary.
Good luck!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
From what everyone says, I would wait; it scares me so much when they have to be put under anesthesia. Get better soon Carter.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Poor Carter, he just can't catch a break huh? Well anyway Fredo and myself have complete confidence that he is going to be just fine. sending Kisses his way..

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Poor Carter...he's been through so much already! I hope it goes away on it's own and he won't need surgery!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Hystios are pretty common in Boxers and the majority of them are benign..I would let it alone for a bit before doing any surgery, like was already stated, a lot of the time, they do go away on their own..

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Vega had the same thing on her shoulder. They just injected it and it went down within 5 days. No surgery was needed. Poor Vega got a little woozy for the release of the hystomines{sp}. She stood there with a sad face, weak legged and then pissed all ove rthe floor. I picked her up and you can tell she was a tad out of it. The vet said that it rarely but sometimes happens and then 5-10 minutes later she snapped out of it. Poor thing though, it was cute but I felt bad for her.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Newt had one of these too! They gave me this steriod cream and in 2 weeks it went away. We also were told surgery but opted to wait, If it didnt go away my next step would of been to test it, this was on her neck...but luckily it vanished and now its just a spot. Good luck to you and your baby! Always watch for lumps and bumps, I was told this today.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I didnt go through with the surgery.. I decided  to hold off and see what happens...It dont seem like it is bothering him so thats a good thing...Its still there but its only going on the end of the second week....So I will wait a little longer.

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
i hope carter feels better and let us know what happens!poor baby!he can't catch a break!

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
well i think i might have done the same...esp since there are a few people on here that have been through it...i hope that Carter gets better quickly !..poor little guy..
give him extra hugz from us

1 - 19 of 19 Posts