Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would but i live in Ohio....please help them before friday!!!
A male and female boxer, brother and sister, are in the Broward County Animal Control and are in need of rescue. They are between 7 and 10 months. They came in as strays, apparently horribly cared for by their owner. They are underweight and have demodex, which is a non-contagious skin infection that needs about 1 1/2 months of antibiotics by mouth to treat it completely. Despite their past they are SO friendly and loving, desperate to be hugged and petted. They were great with my 5 year old as well, giving her lots of kisses - really just wonderful, boxer temperaments (if you know the breed, you know how friendly and social they are). These guys need a permanent home, or at least a foster, by Friday to avoid being euthanized. They will be such beautiful and loving dogs with 1-2 months of TLC. Please call me at 561-391-4343, or email via Craigslist.  

they are gorgeous!!!

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
oh my gosh that is horrible. if i was in florida i would own 4 boxers now instead of 2. This is so hearbreaking- these owners should be.....well i wont finish that since i try to be a good person.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Maybe someone can pay to keep them at the shelter until they are adopted?!  Many shelters will do that.  If someone does that, then they can also have their treatments too.

I agree with Chloesmom, if I were in Florida right now, I would have three Boxer's instead of one!!!

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
948 Posts
If I were in Florida I'd have three too... :cry:

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I am in Florida, but unfortunately I can't have three right now.  :cry:  I forwarded this info to the Boxer Rescue that services Broward county. Hopefully they will be able to pull them out and get them into a foster home. I'll keep checking on them.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
tootsie\";p=\"19226 said:
I am in Florida, but unfortunately I can't have three right now. :cry: I forwarded this info to the Boxer Rescue that services Broward county. Hopefully they will be able to pull them out and get them into a foster home. I'll keep checking on them.
I sure hope so, please let us know if you hear anything.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Maybe we can find someone to pull them and transport them somewhere and get donations and what not?

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Count me in.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
I just replied to the Craig's List Post:

"Hello!

I'm a member of Boxerforums.com, another member brought this post to our attention.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
keep us posted when you hear back. Shoot i would be willing to foster until homes were found but i dont have any way of getting them to me here in Texas:(

·
Registered
948 Posts
Maybe we could put something together.. Contact a bunch of boxer rescues in the area and see what they can do.. I hate seeing this happening to innocent lives...

There should be a law that if stray dogs come in like this they cannot be returned to the owner.. You can obviously see how they are treated..

·
Registered
948 Posts
Andrea, the craziest things have been done!! We can pull together and make something work!

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Okay, the woman who wrote the post just sent me an email....I'm so relieved!......

"Hi!  I've been in contact with Coastal Boxer Rescue, and they actually had a temporary foster home set up for them, but it fell through today.  I have someone who will probably adopt both dogs, but she and her husband are away until the 27th of August (in Europe).  So if no home has appeared by then, we probably have them a place.  Coastal is working furiously to try to get another foster.  Broward is NOT going to put them down - I claimed them, so they are being spayed and neutered today and will be ready to go Thursday or Friday.  I'm toying with keeping the male, although we really are a little full at the seams with pets in our home already.  These two are just SO sweet, full of that wonderful boxer personality.  anyway, at the moment we are looking for a temporary foster, so if you know of anyone, or could spread the word, please let me know...

Thanks!

Cynthia"

And this one.....

"P.S. as of now I'm fronting the bills, so if anyone is in a position to help with the costs, that'd be great!  My vet is wonderful and will see them on Friday, so we can get medication started...

Cynthia"

I wrote this back to her:

So they won't be put down?  Oh thank goodness!  I live in Boston and was about to hop on a plane to Florida!  I'll spread the word for a foster home.  I'm so happy you claimed them!  
Thanks for getting back to me,
Alicia

P.S. Everyone on the forum is willing to chip in.  How should we handle this.  I assume everyone is going to want proof of where the money is going, etc.
Thanks again!
Alicia

So how should we handle this?  I wonder how we can get proof that the money we send will be spent on the dogs?  Any suggestions? Where do we go from here?

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
i think we should have all our money sent to one person on teh forum, and then have our trusted forum friend mail the money directly to the vet, then request a reciept showing that the funds were put towards those animals. The vets office should be able to provide that.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts