Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is Serenity and yes, I call her my grand baby...(Ok...she's my oldest step-darlins girl...none of my own kids are old enough to be having babies(ok, they could...let's just be glad they haven't! She's an angel...)

ANYWAY, Micster and Serenity have quite a thing going(she makes Indy nervous although he's patient)...I love these pictures...(I guess Mic found one place he can COUNT on getting approval at my MIL's house!LOL!:)

G

·
0 Posts
One day i will be a grand-dad... I have the kids just have to wait at least 18 more years...

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Boxer_man_Rich\";p=\"72940 said:
One day i will be a grand-dad... I have the kids just have to wait at least 18 more years...
THat's right...you're just getting started! It's awesome!  Hard work and SO worth it! :)

My oldest boy is 18...graduates from hs this year...I don't mind waiting another ooohhhh...let's say 10 years!LOL!  I can enjoy Serenity in the meantime...

G

·
0 Posts
LOL... mY son is 19mo and I think i said 16 mo somewhere else...LOL...confused the baby with the dog again..LOL... but I have one on the way a little girl...cant wait..

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
aquagirl900\";p=\"72952 said:
she's a cutie...is indy afraid of small children?
You know, I am not sure...seems that way...and I don't understand because he hasn't had any experience that Mic hasn't, you know? We have been VERY careful to be RIGHT THERE when she is around...little ones can be unkind...she has dogs at home and has already learned better...but, as she has gotten more mobile he has gotten more wary...he literally jumped STRAIGHT UP into the air and over the back of the couch to get away from her(I was sitting RIGHT THERE with him...she never even touched him! Just started moving his way!)...we just keep them apart now...I think they are BOTH unpredictable...

G

·
0 Posts
wow...poor indy...that's so strange...boxers and kids are supposed to be like in the words of Forrest Gump "peas and carrots" lol...how is pua with the kids?  

I can't wait til I can have kids...I've been married 5 months..and have about 5 more years til I can even begin to think about having kids...sigh...lol

G

·
0 Posts
my main issue with waiting for kids is to finish school...I have the rest of this year (graduate with my 4 year degree in April) A 1 year hiatus from school (waiting to get into grad school) and a 2 year master's degree left...if i can get in in a year...that leaves me 3 years plus these next couple months...then i want to be established in my career 1 year fully before having children

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
im 24 and my mom is waiting for me to get married and have children so she can be a granny lol.....im thinking another 5 or 6 years. i don't want to feel trapped or resentful. I don't mean that to sound as bad as it does but I want to feel like im REALLY ready to have a family because it is a lot of responsibility. I know people that were very young and went ahead and had an oops baby and seemed overwhelmed and resentful at times...don't get me wrong they love their kids more than anything in the world but they didn't have time for themselves so sometimes i think they just get frustrated even more than someone that was READY to settle down. Age has nothing to do with it and it is just a person by person case. I want to complete my PhD before i have a kid. or at least be almost done it.

As far as poor indy i dont think he would do anything to her either maybe he is just a little more shy and insecure? Sometimes Maverick is shy around my 13 year old nephew for the first few hours he is here until he settles down...he really likes little kids tho. BTW your granddaughter is cute! oh and i wanted to ask you...is your name pronounced Janine? like that?

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Awhhh... great pics!! She's adorable! I wish Odin was more lovie-dovie with Sarah. She'll try and lay on him and grunts and proceeds to get up and walk away. Guess it's just a personality thing. He's plays great with her and other kids... just doesn't like being laid on... NOW HE KNOWS HOW IT FEELS!!! LOL

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Serenity is adorable!  :D  Great pics of the two of them together!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts