Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to share this experience it is very good to know if anything might happen like Saigey.

Yesterday and this morning Saigey was coughing  and trying to throw up like he has eaten something bad I thought it was a pencil he has eaten a day before, Just now I taken him to his doctor and he gave him anesthetic so he can check him from the inside, It was totally another thing than I thought he had it is an infection that he got from another dog at the training that might have coughed next to him they get it from one to another and since last Wednesday it got to his lungs honestly I didn't hear him coughing cause I would have taken action before, now my baby is on pills,

I just wanted to share this story because I never thought it would be something like this

Well now he is a bit tipsy but he is ok, I am not though he is very heavy to lift alone by the way he weighed 23 kilos.

·
Registered
616 Posts
My Gunner eats everything!  We have to watch him very carefully.  He must have ate some of the kids candy because I found wrappers in his stool today  :evil:   Both of our boxers have had Kennel Cough.  It is highly contagious between dogs.  Ours picked it up from the vet's.  It is easily curable but annoying.  Try giving him a little honey to sooth his throat.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is really hard for me to explain in english some words I block out sorry,

the doctor said it is very common in dogs it is an infection and his troath is white even the lungs in maltese it is called (materia) maybe same in english so it might be kennel cough, Simtoms it is like he wanted to vomet and coughing but nothing comes out.

This morning he seems ok gave him pills with corned beef, Tablets name is Antirobe clindamicina.
http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... 42,PCTA:en

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I have found it, It is kennel cough sorry for repeating it was new to me.

1800PetMeds.com - Antirobe Aquadrop 25mg/ml 20ml BottleAntirobe Aquadrop 25mg/ml 20ml Bottle-Antirobe (clindamycin) is used in the ... Kennel Cough ... Clindamycin is FDA approved for use in dogs only; however, ...

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Ahh, poor Saigey....Hope he's feeling better...Kennel cough is very contagious and even if you have your boxer vaccinated, there are so many strains of it, that it doesn't always protect them....Get well you handsome boy..The pictures were soo sweet of him lying on the exam table....

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
OMG..Poor you and shame on Saigey.....Oh lord what a mess that had to have been... 8O

1 - 10 of 10 Posts