Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't know it until this morning but I broke a chunk off of my right fibula yesterday in a slip and fall on some hidden ice under a thin layer of snow.

Holidays, Work, 2 Boxer dogs, a house full of stairs to get anywhere...

Perfect! Sheeeesh! If I didn't have bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all.

You might remember that in Jan 2012 I demolished my left ankle. Almost 35 months later, I damage the right ankle.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your going to need a lot of boxer love man to get better lol. Hope you feel better soon!
Last night, I let Kina (the 9 month old female) come up on the bed with me. She promptly laid down with me, with her head on my tummy and fell asleep. I was touched. She must have sensed I was in pain and hurt.

She made me feel good, just by doing that.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Oh no! So sorry!!

·
Registered
545 Posts
Last night, I let Kina (the 9 month old female) come up on the bed with me. She promptly laid down with me, with her head on my tummy and fell asleep. I was touched. She must have sensed I was in pain and hurt.

She made me feel good, just by doing that.
Thats exactly what your going to need and they do indeed know your in pain. Hope they show you some more to feel much better.

·
Registered
61 Posts
feel better soon. Our fur babies do tend to know when we need them to just lay down and cuddle us, mine will lay all day with me when I have a migraine.

·
Registered
995 Posts
OUCH!! Sending you healing vibes.... and thank heavens for sweet boxer baby girls!! (and boys :) )

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
oh no!! And yes I do remember when you had a broken ankle - something to do with KO and stairs outside or KO and the leash being tangled? Oh my who is going to drive the RV when you go on vacay; does the wife drive? Isn't it amazing how our pets sense when we have ouchies and don't feel well!

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
oh no!! And yes I do remember when you had a broken ankle - something to do with KO and stairs outside or KO and the leash being tangled? Oh my who is going to drive the RV when you go on vacay; does the wife drive? Isn't it amazing how our pets sense when we have ouchies and don't feel well!
Haha..!! No worries, it's winter time and the RV is waiting for the spring time.

Yeah, Jan 2012, K.O. the puppy was jogging with me while I had the 50' lead in my hand. He decided he wanted it, so I held it high above my head so he couldn't get it. He then decided to jump WAY up and go for it, while we're jogging and he landed in front of me and fell and I tried to jump over him. It didn't work out to well!! I destroyed my left ankle.

This time, the break isn't so bad. But still in a cast for probably 8 weeks. I'll know more Thursday.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Ouch! I tore my knee up the 1st month we had mason and had to have surgery, now need more surgery because it didn't help the first time.... But with 3 surgeries in the last 1 and a half my "nurse" mason is great.. Lays with me the whole time just to make sure I don't get up and hurt my self....lol
Now with the next surgery coming up wondering how it will. with 2 dogs, Mackie is high strung but lovable...
Good luck and happy healing

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Ugh! Oh no! Well at least it happened after your RVing!

I hope it heals up quick!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Dang! Hope it heals quickly! Gotta love those furkids and how they can make us feel better :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts