Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I just wanted to say thank you to my fellow Boxer Forums members for giving such great advice and helpful information!

I'm a member on some other forums and honestly, none is as friendly and helpful as this one!

I've posted questions on other forums (of the feline persuasion) and honestly, you don't even get a response there half the time unless you're one of the "regulars" posting.

I see newbies coming on here with all kinds of questions and you're always willing to help and offer advice.

So thank you for that! You should all give yourselves a pat on the back! :up:

·
Registered
545 Posts
Hi everyone! I just wanted to say thank you to my fellow Boxer Forums members for giving such great advice and helpful information!

I'm a member on some other forums and honestly, none is as friendly and helpful as this one!

I've posted questions on other forums (of the feline persuasion) and honestly, you don't even get a response there half the time unless you're one of the "regulars" posting.

I see newbies coming on here with all kinds of questions and you're always willing to help and offer advice.

Couldnt say it better myself!!! Thanks Guys!!!

·
Super Moderator
13,468 Posts
Thank you everyone!

My friends all think I am totally bonkers for loving my dogs so much. "They are just dogs afterall." But you all get me.

JUST A DOG

From time to time, people tell me, "lighten up, it's just a dog,"
or "that's a lot of money for just a dog."

They don't understand the distance travelled, the time spent,
or the costs involved for "just a dog."

Some of my proudest moments have come about with "just a dog."

Many hours have passed and my only company was "just a dog,"
but I did not once feel slighted.

Some of my saddest moments have been brought aobut by
"just a dog," and in those days of darkness, the gentle touch
of "just a dog" gave me comfort and reason to overcome the day.

If you, too, think it's "just a dog," then you probably understand
phrases like "just a friend," "just a sunrise," or "just a promise."

"Just a dog" brings into my life the very essence of friendship,
trust, and pure unbridled joy.
"Just a dog" brings out the compassion and patience
that make me a better person.
Because of "just a dog" I will rise early, take long walks and look
longingly to the future.

So for me and folks like me, it's not "just a dog"
but an embodiment of all the hopes and dreams of the future,
the fond memories of the past, and the pure joy of the moment.

"Just a dog" brings out what's good in me and diverts my thoughts
away from myself and the worries of the day.

I hope that someday they can understand that its' not "just a dog"
but the thing that gives me humanity and keeps me from being
"just a man" or "just a woman."

So the next time you hear the phrase "just a dog,"
just smile,
because they "just don't understand."

~Unknown Author~

·
Registered
811 Posts
Thank you everyone!

My friends all think I am totally bonkers for loving my dogs so much. "They are just dogs afterall." But you all get me.
Girl I just spent 1 hr. inside Jacks Petstore trying to decide on birthday presents for Dutch tomorrow. He is gonna be 2! Then went to dollar store for hats and decorations. Got his little birthday "cupcakes" and home I came! My point? I totally get you on how u feel about ur dogs. Mine are my babies, I am NOT a kid person at ALL! I love my fur babies viciously! The ppl here do get that and that's what I love the most in this site! ~Misty~

·
Registered
103 Posts
Agreed! Love this place!

Thank you everyone!

It's funny you said that. I just had a rough week with Lexi being sick and when I was telling my boss about it and how helpless I felt he says... Julie, it's just a dog.. Relax! Oh no you didn't!! Lol my girls are my babies and even when I have human babies I will never think of my pups as "just dogs"

·
Registered
872 Posts
Agree. I'm going out of town and the end of the month. I hired a dog sitter to come and stay day and night with Max and Molly. It will be $$ but I don't care. My friend said I can't belive you are paying someone that much to stay with your dogs thats crazy. She doesn't get it. I explained to her that they are my kids . I'm responsible to make sure they are taken care of. Would you leave your kids alone?

·
Registered
945 Posts

I found you on that feline forum. I was reading a food thread and saw a signature with (boxer) lol. I was attacked for "judging" people who don't put any effort into researching dog or cat food. When I had really said that it makes me sad that people make an effort to research their own food but it never occurs to them to research their pets' food.

I will be sticking around here more often, that is for sure.

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ya I was "warned" for posting a funny video with bad language in it. I hadn't really been on there since last year when that happened but I was trying to get advice on my cat. He's had issues with diarrhea on and off for the last couple of years. Well, I did get a couple of responses but really, comparing the views on the thread (140) and the responses (3) it seems most people don't give a shit.

What's your username on there?

They attacked you for that??? Wow! You'd think that people would want to learn and improve their pets' diets! One good thing I did learn on there is that cats should be fed wet food and not kibble. So some good came out of it but now we're having issues again... :(

·
Super Moderator
13,468 Posts
Ya I was "warned" for posting a funny video with bad language in it. I hadn't really been on there since last year when that happened but I was trying to get advice on my cat. He's had issues with diarrhea on and off for the last couple of years. Well, I did get a couple of responses but really, comparing the views on the thread (140) and the responses (3) it seems most people don't give a shit.

What's your username on there?

They attacked you for that??? Wow! You'd think that people would want to learn and improve their pets' diets! One good thing I did learn on there is that cats should be fed wet food and not kibble. So some good came out of it but now we're having issues again... :(

Maybe this will help with your cat:

Diarrhea in Cats: Causes, Diagnosis and Treatment

:)

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Totally agree with everyone! I have a very slim chance of ever getting pregnant, lost an ovary when I was 14, which then only gives me a 50% chance of getting pregnant and still the ovary I have left I've had many pre-cancer cells removed, scrapings and tests. So my chances are slim. I love Wyatt with all my heart and only want the best for him. I seriously would take a bullet for him so I wouldn't ever have to suffer such a loss of losing him.

Anyways, love my extended family and glad you all are as crazy as I am!:crazy:

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
See??? Always willing to help even if it's for an entirely different species!

Thanks Lynne! :D

Our cat doesn't fit neatly into any of those categories. He has a great appetite, is energetic and affectionate, lots of energy and has gained or lost any weight. He just gets this bouts of diarrhea which seem to come out of nowhere and then are gone again. This one has lasted longer than I would like so it may be time to take him back into the vet. Everything was fine last year for his check up.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Have to agree - this forum is awesome! I would not have had the gumption to switch Tucker to raw without Kari's guide... So, thanks, Kari and thanks to everyone else!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts