Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I haven't been on the site for quite a while and wanted to say hi to all the old friends and to the many new people I've yet to meet.  I don't want to bore anyone with details, but hubby has had some serious health issues and I gave away my computer and have finallybought myself a new laptop (which I'm still learning how to use).  We also had to make a very painful decision to rehome Kane.  It's a long story and still hard to talk about - but he's doing well (probably better than I am).   But just wanted to say hi and hope everyone is doing great and I've missed you all.  Sophie's doing great and says woo woo to everyone!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
We have been wondering about you; so sorry to hear about your husband's health and that you had to rehome Kane.  I bet Sophie has grown so much, can't wait to see updated pictures of her.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
welcome back stranger. I hope things have settled a bit for you, sorry to hear about your hubby and Kane. Cant wait to see pics of Sophie.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Hi Kate!! We have been wondering what you've been up to... I noticed I didn't even see your account on yahoo online in forever. I'm SO sorry to hear about hubby and Kane. When you are ready to talk about it, we are here... you wouldn't bore me! I bet Sophie is more gorgeous than ever before!? Make sure you share pics!

·
Registered
880 Posts
Hello from a new member!

We have the same name so I already like you!

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
hey Kate..im so sorry to hear about hubby and Kane also..please know that we are here if and when you need to talk or just vent..

we wuff you !1 and give kisses to Sophie..

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Oh honey, so sorry to hear about your troubles!  

We're all here for you if you wanna talk about it.  I can't imagine how painful it must be to give up a fur baby! :eek:  8O

I'll say prayers for y'all! :)

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Hi Kate, you must have felt my "worry vibes" I've been wondering where you were, was so glad to see your post. So sorry to hear that hubby hasn't been well and to hear about Kane. I know how much you love him and I'm sure you did the right thing, glad he's ok. Hope life has smoothed out for you a little bit and we'll soon be hearing all about your beautiful Sophie.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
welcome back kate!!!!! Im sorry to hear about your husbands health and kane but know we are all here for ya if you need us. i am so happy to see you back and please give darling sophie tons of hugs and kisses from me and cant wait to see pics of her.  (((((((((( hugs ))))))))))) we missed you!!

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Hey Kate!  Good to see you again and thanks for checking in with us....Sorry for the trials in your personal life and hope all is looking brighter :)

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I knew the hardest part would be just telling everyone that we had to part with my beloved Kane.  He is such a love and thankfully he went to a friend of my son's family.  As hubby got weaker,  Kane grew more and more jealous anD agressive.  Sophie could handle it, but unfotunately Zach could not and he was constantly being knocked around and bruised by his jumping on him.  Zach has been through alot lately.  It started with kidney stones, then progressed into kidney failure and if that wasn't enough he developed bleeding ulcers from the heart meds.  If seems that he is finally stable (I hope), but with the long hospital stays and doctor visits, I had to make the decision I thought was best for us all.  Zach misses him so much and so do I, but it is for the best and what's done is done.  He has a good home - but I will always love and  miss him,.

As for the new laptop, a HP Compaq Presario V6000, it's a little hard getting use to after my old desk top computer.  I have to reload lots of programs and basically get caught up on lots of stuff. So I'll get pictures on as soon as I can.  

Thanks for the warm wishes - I've missed you all so much!

·
Registered
977 Posts
Sorry to hear things have been so bad recently :( . Wishing you lots of brighter times ahead.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Welcome Back Kate! Sorry to hear about your hubby's health issues and of course Kane. Would love to see some recent pics of Miss Sophie!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
You had a lot of us on here wondering about you, maybe you felt the vibes? Had pretty much assumed that it was health issues with hubby, but sad to hear it..Hoping he is stabilizing some...I know that the decision to re-home Kane was not easy, but you know we all understand...It's nice to see you on here again, please don't be a stranger...Sending tons of good vibes to all of you and give that Sophie a big hug for me

·
Registered
610 Posts
Hey... welcome back Kate!  Sorry that you're going through some bad times but we're all here for ya.  Would love to see what Sophie looks like now.  She was one of my favorites!

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Hey Kate,

Good to see you back. I'm so sorry to hear that Zach's health has taken a turn for the worse, I know how hard it was on you before and I can't imagine how hard it has been to go through what you've had to go through these last few months. I'm also sorry to hear about Kane. I can't begin to imagine how difficult that must have been for you; it is so wonderful that you found him a good home. I'm glad to hear that Zach is stable now and I hope he continues to improve.

How is little Sophie? I need to see some pics!! She was growing so fast, I think she must be a powerhouse by now!

Take care,
Alexa

1 - 19 of 19 Posts