Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

just wanting to show off my pretty girl

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Guardian Eagle 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Boxers are what you make them! They do get wound up but I make sure my dogs get plenty of exercise they need it to stay healthy and well rounded but once that's done they are pretty much couch potatoes until they are ready to go again. I have always heard from people how do you make them behave so and so had a Boxer and it was crazy. I just say I work with them everyday let them know their boundaries and pay alot of attention to them. They are still the best dogs I have ever had.

#11 ·
My boxer goes nuts looking for love when my son or his girlfriend come over. Now I put her on a leash and work on her commands. She’s an adult rescue that I’v had for about four months. She’s a lot better. It can be difficult because so many people think that jumping and pawing is just a natural boxer trait and encourage it.

#6 ·
Ah well ... I don't have all the answers?? But if she is a typical "par for the course, Boxer." She is pretty cool most of the time... unti, fiirst you leave and come home ?? And uh ... anyone comes comes over?? And in those cases she goes "pretty much off the hook???" If that is the "issue?? " That is, fairly simple to solve! And you don't need to have a "hand picked prima donna, puppy to do so!" That behaviour is kinda what Boxers tend to do IE ... off the hook greeting's, is kinda there thing. :)

And I "sigh," can state that much as a "Fact!" And I no longer have any of my "hand picked prima donna puppies a examples. SIgh ... I now have a "real world, average every day ... rescue," a Pit/Boxer mix ... that without intervention would act "Exactly," the same way!! But yeah "No," I'm not having it!

I don't have all the answer's ... but if you want a break when you step in the door and when company comes over. If you don't want them mugged ... that you can solve!

It's not perfect for company, I don't think?? As we don't have a lot of drop in's anymore?? But I do come and go during the week ... and I have a pretty low threshold for getting mugged by my dog when I come home!!

So if you have that "issue," also?? Let me know. As I did put a stop that "Crap," right quick And it is by training something "every dog should know ... anyway!" :)

#8 ·
NelliesMom1...Beautiful girl. Our boxer was a pretty laid back guy too. Its all in how you raise them. I don't see them being super crazy at all as they have pretty good even temperaments. However they do like to play and have proper exercise. They aren't a dog that can be locked in an apartment all day unless you have the time to interact and exercise them. They love walks and love to have a good off leash run.

#12 ·
I don't stop my dog from jumping up because I want him to jump up so I don't have to bend over and he's a service dog so people shouldn't approach him and if someone does he will enforce social distancing. Unless I call him off you won't get near me without convincing him you are friendly and submitting to Dawggy hugs and kisses.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.