Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Well he certainly looks good. :)

And a Tortoise?? First question is how do they get along and second question is how does the Tortoise do in the winter and hmm how old is this tortoise and where did he come from???

·
Registered
631 Posts
Happy Birthday! He's such a handsome boy. Thanks for the photos.
It's good he has a buddy. Does the poodle get along w/ Donut too?

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well..Kai and the tortoise get along fine. Kai doesn't bother with him at all may give a sniff now n then b ut then gently walks away. Poodle...aah I don't think so. The poodle is super hyper..still..he walks well on leash but he has a prey drive which Kai does not so I have not given him the opportunity to interact with Donut.
Chip..my daughter bought the tortoise when he was about the size of a half dollar piece, we do have I think one picture of him hatching.A guy in the next town was raising them, though you could also buy them in a pet store. He lives for the most part indoors yet. He is a bit over 7 years old now. photo.jpg Hatching

IMG_0491.jpg When we got him

58074536339__2BAAD203-BADB-4F34-989E-6EC2AA0F855A.jpg Indoor housing

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oops and outdoor housing
58964775255__B57BAD90-D973-40A1-99AA-15B3F3698A2F.jpg

58964773599__53F8E0C5-44EB-400C-9749-72386EFDECB4.jpg

58232611089__46FDB49F-6F7E-45CB-8367-0A9789E83E26.jpg

He can spend the warm days outside. The dog house is insulated but not quite finished. We will add a door and eventually a heater. He is a sulfate tortoise which is a desert tortoise. Right now it is warm enough for him to be out but we bring him in at night because we are afraid of predators.

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well my daughter is afraid the raccoons or coyotes may bother him. I;m also thinking snakes. He would probably be fine but he is still a juvenile so we are careful.

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
well my daughter is afraid the raccoons or coyotes may bother him. I;m also thinking snakes. He would probably be fine but he is still a juvenile so we are careful.
Ah OK, I don't think we have Raccoons where I am?? But we certainly have Rattler's and Coyote's.

I have no advise well aside from "Coyote Roller's on the fence. Just curious .. oh is this "still" your Daughter's Boxer?? :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Well he certainly looks good. [img= class=inlineimg]https://www.boxerforums.com/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif[/img]

And a Tortoise?? First question is how do they get along and second question is how does the Tortoise do in the winter and hmm how old is this tortoise and where did he come from???
Happy Birthday to Kai! Kai looks very handsome, happy & healthy.

Chip, I had all the same questions about Donut the Tortoise! 😁

1 - 14 of 14 Posts