Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we just got our Boxer mix who is one and half years old, and everything is going great but there is one thing that concerns me. When I leave the house he thinks that he is going with me, and once he realizes that he's not coming with he starts jumping at the door, and then into the bay window like he wants to watch me leave, and it seems that after a couple of minutes he calms down. The thing that bothers me the most is when he gets into the bay window he gets his front paws on the window. He's big and clumsy and I'm afraid he's going to push a little to hard on those old windows and go through.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Congratulations a the new dog and for rescuing. Make rules in your house right away. Is she crate trained? You could crate her when you leave or gate her off in a room. When you do give her a high quality treat to keep her busy while you leave, no goodbyes, just kennel up get treat and your off. Since I read your a first time dog owner you could get a big kong fill it with plain yogurt and a bit of her kibble, Freeze it and then give it to her whenever you leave. I also like these filled femur bones by Dentley that Walmart sells. Dentley's? Nature's Chew Stuffed Femur Bone Dog Treat | dog Bones & Rawhide | PetSmart I buy the large size usually bacon & cheese. My guy loves them.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The cage isn't his favorite thing, but we give him a kong, and his favorite chew toy when we cage him. It defiantly is taking a lot less convincing to get him in his cage now

1 - 3 of 3 Posts