Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So $216 later we learned that both dogs have kennel cough that involves runny poo, geen eye goobers, coughing...all kinds of fun stuff. They are both on a lot of meds.

Kaci:
2 pills 3 times daily of Delta Albaplex
then 1 tablet 2 times a day of SMZ-TMP 480mg

Milo:
3 pills 3 times daily of Delta Albaplex
then 1/2 tablet 2 times a day of SMZ-TMP 960mg
Plus he has some eye stuff (not drops) we have to put in his eyes 3 times a day

I feel like I have the asmatic kid in school or something :lol:

·
Registered
780 Posts
Out of our four only Ziggi had that and he was a puppy when he had it.  The cough was the scariest, sounded so bad.  We felt so sorry for him.  After the medicine he seemed to get better pretty fast, the cough was the last to go.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Well bless your sweet heart!
Did they go to a boarding kennel or something?  Poor babies!
And poor you!  Both sick at once! :(
Hope everybody gets well soon! :)

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Awwww, poor babies...Where they around other dogs recently Theresa? Hoping they both start feeling better soon.....The bad thing about Kennel Cough is even tho you get the vaccine, there is so many strains that there is always the chance that they will still get it, which kinda sucks

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The vet said they could have gotten it due to the weather, being around other dogs (which they really haven't been besides a couple of trips to the park) or other various things. I think Milo got it and then gave it to Kaci because his symtoms are worse than hers. She also said Boxers are more prone to kennel cough/upper respatory/colds because of their short noses.

The big plus to all the meds...they SLEEP ALL NIGHT. :lol:

Milo's actually taking the eye stuff really well, thanks goodness.

Thank you all for the well wishes, I'll let the babies know :D

Also, the vet said that one of their shots...I think kennel cough (bordetella), they used to have to get every year, now they have to get it every 6 months.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Both Lucy and Sam had it when we adopted them. Robitussin got us through the night! Gosh, I know it sounds really horrible. I felt so bad for them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts