Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right now we have Reese and Savannah in one kennel since Reese is still little....well she was littel. She isnt so little anymore since she is at 30 pounds-Savannah at 50. So with Reese going through one of her growth spurts and now that she is starting to pack some weight on, would it be best for me to get a seperate kennel for her? They love sleeping together, but i dont want to crowd them. Also i dont trust them to be outside the kennel at night. Savannah has started to regress with her house training since reese came home. I think she figures "reese gets away with it so can i" i dont want to wake up to a mess so to be safe i kennel them. these are the measurements of the kennel 42 L x 28 W x 31 H". Should i get another one so each dog will have one? or would it be ok to keep them both in this one?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
My feeling is that every dog should have their own crate; it is supposed to be their 'den' and 'safe place', somewhere they can go when they want some alone-time.  (Plus, I'm always concerned about the potential for a fight; if you have two dogs in one crate and they get into a fight, how on earth will you break it up?)

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I've heard that you're only supposed to have 1 dog per crate, it eliminates the chance of an argument, and someone getting hurt.

even the best of friends could suddenly have an issue, for some reason or another.

So it's best not to take chances, I'd get Reese her own.

Edit: aww it took me too long to type, and I got beat to it! =P

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I'd get Reese her own crate too... I understand that you want them to be together though. I have a friend that bought two of those crates with the double doors... well two doors. She took one door on each crate off and then put the crates together in that spot and then the other doors were to keep them in together. I thought it was kind of neat... so they could still be together... but they are suppose to have their own den's each.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts