Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Sorry guys.. I've just been relaxing with him..

I was up all night last night because he did nothing but cry and he still has no feeling in his back legs.. So I called the vet today and set up an appt. for sometime on Monday and if he doesn't make any improvement in that period, I'm going to follow through.. As much as its going to hurt, I can't sit here and watch him cry when theres nothing more I can do..

·
Registered
405 Posts
ohhh...he is absolutely breaking my heart.  Did they give you any pain meds to combine with the injection? The poor guy, I can't imagine. Give him hugs and love from everyone here.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kenya...Thank you for letting us know and I hate to hear that he is not improving.  Sometimes doing the hardest thing is the greatest show of love!....You are in my thoughts and I will still keep hope for you guys!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I am so sorry to hear he is not getting better, give him hugs and kisses from us.  Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I'm so sorry.  :cry:  I know how difficult this is, but please know that this is the most unselfish last gift you can give to Toby. Hugs to you....

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Man Kenya, I am sooo sorry to hear this. I hope and pray things get better. Please keep us posted throughout the week.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
I'm so sorry there's no improvement. These decisions are the hardest part of being a furkid parent. Been through it several times and my heart is breaking for you. I can honestly say that for the one dog we had who was really suffering my relief at her release from pain was as great as my grief from losing her, it was the last gift I could give her. As always I'm thinking, praying  and crying for you and Toby.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Ah sweetie, I am so sorry to hear this. Like was already stated, it's not a selfish act on your part, it's the most loving & giving thing you can do..Toby knows that..My heart is breaking for you right now. Just know that we all here for you if you need us. Sending some nice calming and loving vibes to both you & Toby....

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
kenya sweetie i start to tear up just reading this-almost cried at work today. I am so sorry, but i do agree you are doing the most selfless act by understanding the situation and preparing for what may need to be done. You are a very strong girl, and i hope you are ok. Please keep us posted and we will continue to pray for a recovery from toby.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I am so sorry to hear that there hasn't been any improvement with Toby.   :cry: I know exactly how you are feeling.  I had to make that decision just a few months ago and it was soooo hard.  It broke my heart.  Big hugs to you and Toby and you're still in our prayers.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Oh Kenya, poor you and poor Tobes.  I'll light a candle for you both this evening.

Speaking of which, you may like to take a look at www.petloss.com.  It's a support site for people dealing with the possible or actual loss of a pet and there are some wonderful people on there who know exactly what you're going through.  It might make you feel a little better.

Keep your chin up.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts