Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we tried 2 x this week to keep Buckles out of the cage this week...a NO GO.  She got into the trash in the bedroom and she chewed on an empty pill (prescription) bottle (thank god nothing was in it) tissue everwhere, that was only for 2 hrs.  Tues I left her out again she ripped a dolie, and chewed on a dvd thank god it was only the edge's.  I called the vet  cuz I was concered she might get a blockage or a bleed in  her intestines.  Oh she's bad.  Its funny becuz b/4 she was even 1yrs she was out of the cage w/no problems until my finacee's work schd. changed then she started wrecking things.  His schd. is back to normal and she is still Bad.  She is 22 mo.  I cant trust her yet.  She only chews up things in our bedroom that is where she has her bed and ours etc?????
:x

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
she is staging a protest.  My 3 1/2 year old male does the same thing.  If he doesn't get a ride in the car in the morning and I leave him home and go somewhere he will go in the bedroom (where they have beds) and chew up my bath puff.  If that isn't available sometimes he will countersurf the kitchen and look for my stuff.  Cell phone, wallet etc.  My suggestion, and what I do, is put them in an ex-pen when you are gone.  That is much bigger and contains them enough so they don't need to go looking for protest materials in your house.  They are practicing good behavior and they have more room to stretch out in and play than a crate.  It works for us.

Nano

PS my 16 month old cannot be left out unless she is tired at night for a couple of hours only.  She will do the "sofa dancing" which is rooting around in the cushions and running in circles on the couch.  She is almost always left in ex-pen except if it is later in the evening and she is tuckered out and I am only going to be gone for a couple of hours.  Their boxers, independent thinkers, and they know how to throw a meaningful protest!

G

·
0 Posts
Letting you know she isnt happy being kenneled up... Preston would trsh everything when he was crated up.. I sooned decided he didnt need one..

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any suggestions???  I am pretty sure she gets enough exercise but its a little tough right now w/winter.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
nano\";p=\"72379 said:
she is staging a protest.  My 3 1/2 year old male does the same thing.  If he doesn't get a ride in the car in the morning and I leave him home and go somewhere he will go in the bedroom (where they have beds) and chew up my bath puff.  If that isn't available sometimes he will countersurf the kitchen and look for my stuff.  Cell phone, wallet etc.  My suggestion, and what I do, is put them in an ex-pen when you are gone.  That is much bigger and contains them enough so they don't need to go looking for protest materials in your house.  They are practicing good behavior and they have more room to stretch out in and play than a crate.  It works for us.

Nano

PS my 16 month old cannot be left out unless she is tired at night for a couple of hours only.  She will do the "sofa dancing" which is rooting around in the cushions and running in circles on the couch.  She is almost always left in ex-pen except if it is later in the evening and she is tuckered out and I am only going to be gone for a couple of hours.  Their boxers, independent thinkers, and they know how to throw a meaningful protest!
Where can you find an ex-pen that can contain an adult boxer?  I've yet to see one that looked useful for anything bigger than a puppy

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
If they have been properly crate trained first I have never had a problem with any of mine jumping an ex-pen.  In fact I just acordian mine into a shape that loops them into a corner area of the house and don't fasten it to anything.  They don't push against it or jump it unless maybe a new person comes in the house and gets them riled up.  JB Wholesale 48 inch one is very nice.  You can also get tops for them but I've never needed them.  

Nano

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
I would not recommend leaving a puppy in an ex-pen as the area is too big and there is no floor in them.  But dogs that are pretty well house broken and over 6 month of age would be canidates for using one.  Of, course, all dogs are different.

Nano

1 - 7 of 7 Posts