Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I am wondering if anyone has purchased a pup from KG Boxers or Trimanor Boxers? There aren't very many "reviews" online. I have talked with each one directly, just looking for feedback from people who have dealt with them personally.

Thank you

·
Registered
297 Posts
You'd have to mention where these breeders are located. This forum is world wide so just a name wont help. What city and state, do they have a website? Those are things you need to post for some input. Aside from that, welcome to the forum! :)

·
Super Moderator
7,108 Posts
They are both show kennels. I wasn't aware that Judy was still breeding litters, I thought she was getting out of it.

Anyways, as with any breeder I would go and meet with them personally and ask to see the dogs and where they are kept. Ask for proof of health testing (hips, hearts, thyroid and any DNA testing done).

It's important that you feel comfortable with your breeder. Are you looking for a show prospect? Do you prefer the American lines or are you open to the European Boxers as well?

·
Registered
1 Posts
We visited Tanoak last week and were disgusted with what we saw. 16 dogs in crates, no water, puppies in kiddie pools and the smell was overpowering. We had to hang our clothes in the garage to get the smell out. They do not do health checks. It seems to us like a boxer puppy mill.
Never go there!!!! Go to KG or Cheiftan or Vanquish

·
Registered
10 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but it came up in a search for Trimanor on this forum. Both of my boxers have had ties to Trimanor. Cody was purchased as a puppy back in 1994, and was from both male and female dogs of Judy's at Trimanor.

Our new puppy Bentley is from Judy's male "Zooka" that she bred with a female "Jade" from Eastport Kennels.

When we were looking for another Boxer, Judy at Trimanor was the first person I contacted. She was potentially looking at having a litter in the spring, but also provided us with a reference to Mike at Eastport Kennels mentioning her male was bred with Mike's females (two females/two litters). We didn't want to wait, so ended up picking a puppy from one of Mike's litters that was available.

If the time comes again to get another one, Judy will be the first place I go again and highly recommend her, Although as previously mentioned above, she may be getting out of the business.

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
They are both show kennels. I wasn't aware that Judy was still breeding litters, I thought she was getting out of it.

Anyways, as with any breeder I would go and meet with them personally and ask to see the dogs and where they are kept. Ask for proof of health testing (hips, hearts, thyroid and any DNA testing done).

It's important that you feel comfortable with your breeder. Are you looking for a show prospect? Do you prefer the American lines or are you open to the European Boxers as well?
Don't forget the Euro/Americans and "your" observations of those would be nice??

·
Registered
10 Posts
And OP shipping or local?? What area are you in??
Chip18, keep in mind when I replied to this post I revived a thread that was over 2 years old. The OP may not reply.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but it came up in a search for Trimanor on this forum. Both of my boxers have had ties to Trimanor. Cody was purchased as a puppy back in 1994, and was from both male and female dogs of Judy's at Trimanor.

Our new puppy Bentley is from Judy's male "Zooka" that she bred with a female "Jade" from Eastport Kennels.

When we were looking for another Boxer, Judy at Trimanor was the first person I contacted. She was potentially looking at having a litter in the spring, but also provided us with a reference to Mike at Eastport Kennels mentioning her male was bred with Mike's females (two females/two litters). We didn't want to wait, so ended up picking a puppy from one of Mike's litters that was available.

If the time comes again to get another one, Judy will be the first place I go again and highly recommend her, Although as previously mentioned above, she may be getting out of the business.
I also got my boxer from Judy and my pups Father is also Zooka. I am heartbroken and my female from 2015 litter has been diagnosed with cardiomyopathy after collapsing on a walk last week. I came on this forum hoping to find out if any of her siblings from that litter also have heart problems. We do not know how much more time we have with her and she is only 6.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I also got my boxer from Judy and my pups Father is also Zooka. I am heartbroken and my female from 2015 litter has been diagnosed with cardiomyopathy after collapsing on a walk last week. I came on this forum hoping to find out if any of her siblings from that litter also have heart problems. We do not know how much more time we have with her and she is only 6.
Hi there,

I registered just so I could reply to you. We have a male from Judy’s litter in 2017, and he was also diagnosed with cardiomyopathy in 2020. The disease has unfortunately progressed significantly based on his first annual checkup at the Guelph animal college this week, we don’t expect he has much time left. He’s just about 4 now, we’re so heartbroken as well. So young…

In case it helps, he’s been on 40mg of sotalol for the year, and we’re increasing to 80mg based on the recent checkup. We firmly believe that without the medication he wouldn’t still be with us today.

-CB

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi there,

I registered just so I could reply to you. We have a male from Judy’s litter in 2017, and he was also diagnosed with cardiomyopathy in 2020. The disease has unfortunately progressed significantly based on his first annual checkup at the Guelph animal college this week, we don’t expect he has much time left. He’s just about 4 now, we’re so heartbroken as well. So young…

In case it helps, he’s been on 40mg of sotalol for the year, and we’re increasing to 80mg based on the recent checkup. We firmly believe that without the medication he wouldn’t still be with us today.

-CB
OMG This is so heartbreaking. DId your dog also collapse? How did you know he had it? Does he have symptoms now?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi there,

-CB
Just curious who the parents are of your pup

·
Registered
4 Posts
OMG This is so heartbreaking. DId your dog also collapse? How did you know he had it? Does he have symptoms now?
Yes, he originally collapsed on a particularly warm day while playing outside around some neighbours. We thought it was a seizure or heat exhaustion at first, but our vet referred us to Guelph as some of the symptoms weren’t adding up. They suspected a cardio issue and put a holter monitor on him which gave them enough info to suspect cardiomyopathy (which was confirmed based on his progression rate this week over the last several months)

He goes weeks at a time without issue, but then has a collapsing episode and is exhausted for a couple of days while his body recovers. He’s also had more coughing episodes lately, and thinks he is starving all the time due to the medication. His walks are much shorter now while we try and keep his excitement/heart rate down.

just checking his papers for you (we didn’t really want a show dog or anything, but Judy was recommended to us and she was local to London)

Sire: Calculated Risk
Dam: Born Free Spirit

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am so happy to have someone to converse with that is going through this. Mya seems completely normal. No symptoms, energetic, eats well until this week at the start of our walk she just collapsed. I had to give her CPR to bring her around, rushed to vet and he did Bloodwork, xrays and ECG and discovered her heart was slightly enlarged and her arrhythmia was way out of whack. He gave her oxygen and prescriber her 80mg of sotalol. Omega 3's on her food, Said he would follow up with another ecg in a few weeks. We are 2 hours from Guelph he said it would cost around 5k for me to see a cardiologist for her. The outcome would prob be the same. I feel so sad and a bit angry that I may not have more years with her. I feel so bad for you also. Your baby is much too young.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am so happy to have someone to converse with that is going through this. Mya seems completely normal. No symptoms, energetic, eats well until this week at the start of our walk she just collapsed. I had to give her CPR to bring her around, rushed to vet and he did Bloodwork, xrays and ECG and discovered her heart was slightly enlarged and her arrhythmia was way out of whack. He gave her oxygen and prescriber her 80mg of sotalol. Omega 3's on her food, Said he would follow up with another ecg in a few weeks. We are 2 hours from Guelph he said it would cost around 5k for me to see a cardiologist for her. The outcome would prob be the same. I feel so sad and a bit angry that I may not have more years with her. I feel so bad for you also. Your baby is much too young.
I’m so sorry to hear, such an awful experience to go through. Guelph definitely isn’t that expensive, our first visit with holter etc was under $1K. They did suggest that dogs with cardiomyopathy can live reasonable (albeit shortened) lifespans, it really depends on the dog and the progression rate. Considering her first episode wasn’t until she was 6, I would keep positive and optimistic.

We have a 2 1/2 year old who adores Gus, it’s going to be so hard for him to understand when the time comes. We’re preparing for a few months at best since the episodes and symptoms are getting more frequent.

I’ll DM you my email address if you need support, have questions etc.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I’m so sorry to hear, such an awful experience to go through. Guelph definitely isn’t that expensive, our first visit with holter etc was under $1K. They did suggest that dogs with cardiomyopathy can live reasonable (albeit shortened) lifespans, it really depends on the dog and the progression rate. Considering her first episode wasn’t until she was 6, I would keep positive and optimistic.

We have a 2 1/2 year old who adores Gus, it’s going to be so hard for him to understand when the time comes. We’re preparing for a few months at best since the episodes and symptoms are getting more frequent.

I’ll DM you my email address if you need support, have questions etc.
View attachment 136614

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
I'm sorry you both are going thru th is. It seems obvious that it is genetic and in the bloodline. I am glad no one is breeding their dog or it will likely occur in future generations.
Wishing you both the best.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Just curious are you feeding grain free dog food? That's what killed both of my dogs from food induced cardiomyopathy it happened very suddenly.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts