Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to train Kiah to ring the bell (but never remember to buy one) since she will not let me know when she needs to go potty (she does sometimes act a bit antsy). She has had only one accident since I take her out often.  I remembered that I had a small wind chime so I put the string over the side of a small table on Monday and started to take her paw to ring it before we go out.  This morning she ran the wind chime and went to sit by the door.  I am so excited  :p

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
WooHoo Kiah!!! That's awesome! What a smart girl.  :D

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
That's awesome.  I just found some Christmas bells at Rite Aid this week and it only took Ringer a couple of times going out to be pretty consistent.  I know when he has to potty so I just tell him to ring the bell if he doesn't do it on his own.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
southerngirls\";p=\"42101 said:
Yay Kiah!! congrats on the crafty thinking barb! Tell her auntie andrea is so very proud of her.
Thank you, I will give her the message from auntie andrea and she will be so happy to hear you are proud of her too.

·
Registered
24 Posts
That's great!  We tried that for a while...but then my two trouble-makers started ringing the bell as a game........that was "all she wrote"

They are good though.....don't really have much need for it anymore.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Way to go Kiah, and a good idea Barb...Yup Auntie Willow says she is a smart girl  :think:

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Thats awesome... Jessie acts differently with me then with Shaun when she has to go... she just attacks shaun and wont leave him alone... with me she sits in front of me and put her paw on my knee... then she will go to the top of the steps and then come back..

I should try the bell though, it would probably be better that way...

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
We tried that for a while too but they didn't get the hang of it and we weren't consistant enough, now Duke just comes over to me and gets in my face.  Its worse if im sleeping, I wake up to his nose on my nose whimpering.  Once he started pawing at my face, that wasn't a very good wake up call.  I had a mark acrossed my face for a week (i blamed it on my boyfriend ;), he wasn't very happy).  But all is well we don't really have any accidents.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts