Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kiah weighed in at 62lbs at our vet visit; she will be 1 yr on August 19.  She was 52 lbs when I got her around 8.5 months.  My goodness she is going to be a big girl :D  I don't think she looks heavy but I will have to post some recent pictures to see what you guys think.

She had several things going on and so I wanted her checked out; hives and her hair seemed to be thin in places on her chest.  Also wanted to check on the lepto shot before we go to the meetup this month.  The vet said a lepto shot is included in with the puppy shots (DHLPP) but they leave it off for adult dogs.  She is going to check into the area where we go to the meetups to see if we should add it to her adult shots (not due until October).  The thinness of hair on her chest is from a skin infection and we have antibiotics for it.  She said that Boxers have thin skin and are prone to infections (haven't heard this before). Hives only seem to occur after we go to the dog park and there is a lot of dew on the ground so she suggested that I give her a Benadryl before we go if it is going to be really wet.  Other than that, she is really healthy.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Yea for Kiah! Glad to hear she is doing so well...Oh, by the way, missed you in chat last nite, Nexu, whom I guess you met at meetup was asking if you came on chat... :)

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My sister (one of the best cooks in the world) cooked last night for my other sister, her husband and I.  My brother-in-laws had gone fishing and came home with a whole bunch of blue gills, so they had a fish fry.  We were there late so I missed it.  I should be able to make it Sunday though.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Happy to hear the vet visit went well!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts