Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
I have not had a puppy with JRD but I'm familiar with renal disease. I understand in puppies the prognosis is grim. They tend not to grow properly and ultimately have total kidney failure and a shorter lifespan. I'm not a vet but I w ould have a good conversation with one regarding kidney disease and its ramifications.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not had a puppy with JRD but I'm familiar with renal disease. I understand in puppies the prognosis is grim. They tend not to grow properly and ultimately have total kidney failure and a shorter lifespan. I'm not a vet but I w ould have a good conversation with one regarding kidney disease and its ramifications.
Yes this is a very grim disease. We lost our Henry 5 weeks ago at the age of 4 years, 5months. Absolutely heartbroken! We have had numerous boxers that ultimately got cancer or had heart problems. When we were looking for a pup we searched from Maine to California. We found a breeder in New York. She had no history of cancer or heart from what we understand. I had never heard of JRD. So I was just wondering if anyone had dealt with this. The sad thing is the breeder will not even take our calls or respond to emails. This is so hard.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss and its terrible the breeder will not even respond to you. Its awful to feel so powerless when something like this happens but sometimes there is just nothing we can do. I am sorry.

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Yes this is a very grim disease. We lost our Henry 5 weeks ago at the age of 4 years, 5months. Absolutely heartbroken! We have had numerous boxers that ultimately got cancer or had heart problems. When we were looking for a pup we searched from Maine to California. We found a breeder in New York. She had no history of cancer or heart from what we understand. I had never heard of JRD. So I was just wondering if anyone had dealt with this. The sad thing is the breeder will not even take our calls or respond to emails. This is so hard.
I am so sorry for your loss, we too lost our boy ours a few months back at only 5 years 6 months due to a brain stem tumor . I think JRD is quite uncommon. Its disappointing to hear that breeder was uninterested.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am so sorry for your loss, we too lost our boy ours a few months back at only 5 years 6 months due to a brain stem tumor . I think JRD is quite uncommon. Its disappointing to hear that breeder was uninterested.
Oh I am so sorry for your loss. 😔 Again way to young. Are boxers prone brain tumors? They are such a beautiful breed! ❤

·
Registered
570 Posts
Brain tumors are a thing to watch out for with Boxers and any brachycephalic dog such as Boston Terriers and Pugs Bulldogs ect. I too lost a Boxer to a brain tumor. I have heard of many other breeds as well have this happen so its just one of those things that can happen.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts