Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Can i get some suggestions as to what to stuff in my dog's Kong? I've done treats with peanut butter. I'm looking for something that's not terribly bad for them. I really didn't care for the ingredients listed on the Kong Easy Treat can.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Peanut butter can keep them busy- you have to make sure to get a type of peanutbutter that’s ok for dogs.
You can google for options on dog friendly choices.

Their kibble worked for us too, and you can mix some wither the peanutbutter too.

The hard part may be keeping your older boxer from trying to get it.

The puppy toys can be hard to keep away too.
Our older boys didn’t understand why they couldn’t chew on the puppy toys. They had plenty of their own toys.
When we started letting the puppy roam more, we had to be careful we didn’t have any of the older hard dog toys around.

After a few months Bandit, thenpuppy, was able to chew on all of the toys.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Peanut butter can keep them busy- you have to make sure to get a type of peanutbutter that’s ok for dogs.
You can google for options on dog friendly choices.

Their kibble worked for us too, and you can mix some wither the peanutbutter too.

The hard part may be keeping your older boxer from trying to get it.

The puppy toys can be hard to keep away too.
Our older boys didn’t understand why they couldn’t chew on the puppy toys. They had plenty of their own toys.
When we started letting the puppy roam more, we had to be careful we didn’t have any of the older hard dog toys around.

After a few months Bandit, thenpuppy, was able to chew on all of the toys.

Check out your 3 pups! Beautiful! I don't know how you handle three!! Its been an adjustment just adding the puppy to our household. Thanks for the peanut butter tip. Will google it.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Check out your 3 pups! Beautiful! I don't know how you handle three!! Its been an adjustment just adding the puppy to our household. Thanks for the peanut butter tip. Will google it.
Thanks! When they are puppies they are a lot of work for sure, but it pays off. Two of our boys are litter mates so they could play with each other too. Our older boys were 3.5 years-old when we got the puppy last year, and they'll play with him a bit of the time. The puppy also learns (to some degree) from them.

It can be a challenge when they all want to be in my lap at the same time. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts