Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going tomorrow to get brutus couple 2-3 kongs (gotta have extras ready to go if needed  :lol:

My ? is which would be best for him the red or black material ( they say black is more durable )
& what size do you all get the 3" or the 4 1/2"? Thanks in advance for any help.

And will it hurt him if he gets more then 1 kong (filled w/PM his fav) a day.

I will also try the other recipes that is listed on this forum also.

He's only 9 weeks old but was thinking the rate he is growing,wont be long until he would chew the 3" 1 all to pieces. + I think the 4 1/2" one has a bigger hole (so he can have more PM  :lol: )

·
Registered
578 Posts
Right now Fredo still uses his puppy kong, although he has hidden it somewhere and I haven't been able to find it for about a week.  I am planning on getting him the bigest one next time I'm at the store though. As long as they are not small enough to swallow, I think any size is ok and depending on how destructive your dog is depends which one to get. Fredo is pretty gentle, but our Boston could get through any toy in 5 min...and I mean he would completely destroy anything we gave him.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I have two of the red ones - the small size for Soph and the large for Kane.  The only time they even look at them is when there is peanutbutter (or treats) in them.  They won't chew on them unless there is food.  I'd try the large red one for a puppy and if he really likes chewing on it, then maybe go to the black ones.  Kane is a big dog and he hasn't even scratched his yet.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Don't know what color the puppy size is, but that's what I would go with for now...Neither of mine, Like Kate said, ever touch them unless there are treats in them..They are pretty indestructible :) You may also want to check out the Wubbas as well...I think one a day is probably enuf..I actually don't give mine one every day, just as special treats, course I am not  trying to crate train a puppy either

1 - 4 of 4 Posts