Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you put treats such as yogurt,bananas & PB in the kongs to freeze do you all put the kongs inside a freezer bag so the treats dont get a nasty taste or do you leave them exposed?Referring to when you freeze them overnite or for longer then a hour or 2.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I never have covered them when I freeze them, but I suppose you could..

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
I put mine in a ziploc bag. But I'm sure it wouldn't make a big difference if you did or not, if you are just leaving them in there overnight.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Skyboxers\";p=\"47359 said:
I dont ever freeze mine just make it then give it to them. Does it last longer if you freeze it?
Samantha
Yeah I think it does last alot longer.... Fiona can work on a frozen one for over an hour.  That is one of my tricks when I am trying to clean the house to keep the (follow me from room to room) at bay.  Frozen Kong....:)

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
It definitely lasts longer if frozen, also if you mix with yogurt, not quite as messy either  :) Lol, Sharon, mine would still probably follow me, it's that velcro thing you know.. :lol:

·
Registered
663 Posts
I put dog treats in the kong and they have to work really hard to get them out.  I use some that you have to kind of force through the hole so that they don't easily fall out.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Guess we will try these treats.Went to petsmart got brutus a small red kong,medium black kong,round dentist kong,old mother hubbard PB treats for kongs,Bull penis,pig ears 100% natural & a cool ass doggie bed ....you make it look like a couch during day & at nite you unfold out to make a big bed even has the egg crate in it (of course he only goes in it to get a toy or kong w/treat) Then he got a sqeaky duck,a squeaky ground hog & a tug rope. In all it was like x-mas early for brutus Total we donated petsmart was $106.72 now keeping in mind we have 5 kids so after each kid got him something then me & momma added ours he racked up.

Will get some pics/videos of brutus with his new play mates.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts