Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know you are all sick of reading about Kota's broken leg. He was suppose to wear a splint on it for 8 weeks. Well one week shy of 8 weeks, he broke the splint. Ya thats right, he broke the splint. The vet removed it yesterday and said that he is not to jumping off anything, no stairs, no downward force since his splint is off a week early.  Its healing well, but.....  I had a sit down discussion with Kota about not jumping off anything and not jumping in general. Kota just looked at me with those brown eyes that said you are out of your mind.  He promtly ran out the back door jumped off the first step and never looked back. Then he proceeded to jump, hop, leap all over the backyard. Sounded like he was yelling something about "I'm free at last" and kept on going. Should anyone have other better suggestions I am going to nail his feet to the floor for a couple of weeks.  :roll:  I know it sounds a tad harsh, but what else can I do?   8O  So, now he is neutered and splintless and I hope I don't have to make house payments to the vet for awhile. Thanks for your putting up with the stories. He is now 9 months old and has spent the last two months on restricted activities. Should you find yourself in a similar situation don't try restricted activities with a 7-9 month old boxer at home on your own. This is a job for professionals, you can become seriously injured.  :D And when the Vet  says no jumping, just nod you head and say "OK" and leave as quickly as you can.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
I don't think anyone here could ever be sick of hearing boxer stories!  Especially when there's humor in them!  Hope Kota listens to you and stops jumping.....I know "yay right"!  Glad to hear the split is off and it's healing nicely.    I couldn't even keep Lola still for 14 days when she got spayed....I can only imagine what the past 2 months have been like for the both of you!  Good luck with the next few weeks!

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Oh i am glad kota is getting better! I am sure he will be fine from here on out, i mean it is not like boxers get into things they shouldnt....  :wink:  Please keep us updated on him!!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Lol Jim, I was soo laughing at you having a talk with Kota...And I knew how he would react as well....Glad he is feeling better, as frustrating as he is at the moment.....Just do the best you can to try and keep him from overdoing it and if you were thinking about meetup this month, I would skip it perhaps....I'm missing it as well, heat was too much for me & Angel last month... :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts