Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any comments on getting a lamb based dog food as opposed to chicken etc?  I used to have a Boston Terrier and when we tried Lamb formula on him he didn't seem to like it.  Has anyone noticed any issues with it...stomach, skin etc??

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Kiah has extreme allergies to most foods and I found that fish based foods were best for her.  You might want to get samples or small bags of foods to try first.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that is how I was leaning, but I am noticing in my area the choices are limited or very expensive.

G

·
0 Posts
Lamb did not work for me either.  We are going the fish route too, salmon.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Chloe lost lots of hair when she was on Lamb based food. We also went with fish. no problems at all with it.

G

·
0 Posts
From what i've read on here, your dog would be considered an adult, so I would try the Orijen.  I gave my 8 month a sample and he really liked it, but its too high in protein for him.

http://www.championpetfoods.com/orijen/ ... adult.aspx

I have had multiple posts on here regarding diets and food selection.  Its been a nightmare, but right now i'm very happy with the results.  I'm using Taste of the Wild and so far so good.  He loves it.  I had him on Solid Gold which had lamb in it, and it gave him soft poo for weeks.  Since the change its been a miracle.  Both Taste of the Wild and Orijen are grainless, which seems so far to be what he was allergic too.  Good luck on changing diets, it wasn't fun for me.  Do some searches on what other people had for results.

The majority of this forum uses Canidae, but I had no luck with it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just switched from a lamb based food, had no pboblems with it except i think his coat could have been a little bit more shiny.  Using Artemis which has salmon and his coat seems to be improving.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Using Salmon here too --- seems to agree with Lulu's tummy better.   Chicken and lamb gave her the squirts!!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts