Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have a boxer that has this unique character trait? It puts a new meaning to "lap dog." My boxer, Spanky... believe he LITERALLY is one. Unfortunately, I don't have picture to prove it, but it's hilarious. Sometimes randomly, but always when other dogs are around trying to get my attention, if i'm sitting on the ground, Spanky will back up to me, and sit himself literally IN MY LAP. haha! I'll be cross-legged and he's literally sitting in the middle directly in my lap. A) that cannot be comfy for him b) it's hilarious to watch! He went in yesterday for a wellness exam, and my vet said that he needed to lose 5 lbs. I frowned, esp. when he joked that my dogs were spoiled, (my vet and I are buddies) and I said "my pets aren't spoiled! esp. spanky!".... to which he pointed out "Ashton, Spanky is sitting IN your lap right now! Not spoiled, huh?" haha! (I was sitting on the floor of the exam room w/ spanky doing his lapdog act!) Anyway, just seeing if anyone elses boxers perform this rather entertaining act

·
Registered
578 Posts
Oh yeah, Fredo always tries to sit in my lap. I only let him when the bf isn't around...he hates that. It's def a boxer thing

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Yep...Buster used to back up and sit on me all the time. He just did that to me though.  :)  Now Maddie will just sit on me wherever I am. I was sick and was laying on the couch one day, and she decided to pop a squat on my head!  8O It's a good thing my head was turned to the side, otherwise I probably really would have freaked!  :eh: But yes, I'm a couch for her as well!  :lol:

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Oh yeah! When doing research and talking to the breeder... she stated... "...you know, you're buying a 70lbs lap dog right?" LOL I love it... well most of the time anyway. We thought the idea was cool but we didn't realize how EXACT the characteristic really was!

I'm huge and prego and yet he still finds a way!

LOL at that was him at 9 months old!! He'll be a year in 7 days... he's much heavier too!!

G

·
0 Posts
Butus can jump about 4 feet from a stand still....

Peggy has an everlasting bladder...LOL...

Preston can sleep... if there was a sleep contest boy howdy..

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Boxer_man_Rich\";p=\"73739 said:
Butus can jump about 4 feet from a stand still....

Peggy has an everlasting bladder...LOL...

Preston can sleep... if there was a sleep contest boy howdy..
OMG... Odin jumps clean over the backend of the couch from a stand still. I was shocked... and from running... he can almost jump the 6ft privacy fence we have... worries me a little... but he only does it when the neighbors girls have climbed up on the back to peek into our yard to jabber at him.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Well let me second the lap puppy thing and up the anti....Maggie burrows under the covers at night will get between my legs turn in a circle 3 times and laydown and if she is too far down (closer to my ankles) she will inch up until she touches me.....
I wondering if she was a doxie in a former life.......i have not read anywhere that boxers burrow....lol

·
Registered
362 Posts
Cooper is so funny when he wants on the couch and we haven't invited him yet.  First, he'll talk to us with the "Mama" type talking.  Then he'll stare you straight in the eye and put one paw on your leg, then 2 but he'll stay in crouched position.  Then he'll quit all eye contact and kind of slide around so he's got more of his body in your lap but his back legs are still on the ground.  Still with no eye contact, he'll sort of slither up your body like a snake until his head is on your chest or shoulder and he's all the way into your lap.  Very smooth.  If you talk to him, he acts like you don't exist and he can't hear you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
MY SKIN SONS'S NAME IS PRESTON!! HAHA!?????

YEAH I NOW HAVE TWO LAP DOGS ONE IS POSSIBLY 85LBS OR MORE!! ITS CRAZY HOW SMALL THEY THINK THEY ARE!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
[quote="48Dodge\";p=\"73750":3ijh0gud]Cooper is so funny when he wants on the couch and we haven't invited him yet.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Sophie is a petite 45 lbs. now, but still jumps in my lap in the rocking chair several times a day for her snuggle and to be rocked (really I just get the wind knocked out of me, but it makes her happy).  If I'm not sitting in the rocker she jumps in by herself and gets it going really fast - it's a riot to watch her rocking herself.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
choas2k\";p=\"73745 said:
Well let me second the lap puppy thing and up the anti....Maggie burrows under the covers at night will get between my legs turn in a circle 3 times and laydown and if she is too far down (closer to my ankles) she will inch up until she touches me.....
I wondering if she was a doxie in a former life.......i have not read anywhere that boxers burrow....lol
Odin burrows too! He'll also spend like 15 mins moving the blanket around to his liking... normally woo wooing out of frustration and then collapses on it... like nothing ever troubled him!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Thank goodness someone else burrows......although she really doesn't woo yet but I am almost positive that is coming  :D

G

·
0 Posts
both of my pups are lap dogs...they would like to both be in my lap at the same time, but usually will take turns...but MUST be touching me at least...they also must be touching me when we are sleeping (on days they are in the bed)...Somehow...they get in my lap even when i told them not to...they somehow slither their way...and Bo likes to burrow and stuff

·
Registered
494 Posts
So aqua is it easier with two around the same age?  Do they keep each other entertained?  I am trying to talk my husband into going and getting a little boy too!!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
All three of ours are lap babies...although, with Pua you almost ALWAYS have to initiate it...but, she snuggles right in if you pick her up...Indy will crawl up and LEAN on you...whatever part of you he can reach...Mic, however has NO problem with just MAKING room for himself!LOL! There was NO room on the couch last night...he darn near pushed the computer off my lap getting up on the couch and SQUEEEZING in with Indy and Pua...I love it!LOL!

G

·
0 Posts
yeah...bo is one of those that will come up and lean against you til you just have to let him on...jetta will get up behind you on the couch and slowly lower herself down over your shoulder

1 - 20 of 32 Posts