Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My female 1year 5 month old boxer, Remi, quickly developed a large lump under her left rib cage. I believe it developed over a couple of days. I took her to the vet on Tuesday (almost 3 days ago) and my doctor thinks either she ran into something and developed a hematoma or possibly got bitten by something. She has been on prednisone for the last 3 days and her lump isn't getting any better. In fact, it seems like her spine and ribs are more visible even though she is eating normally, but not really as playful as usual. She won't sleep on her left side and she occasionally licks the lump area. Has anyone experienced this with their Boxer?

Any help/answer are greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Amy and Remi

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A picture would be helpful. The Vet didn't attempt to draw any fluid from it to see what it was? That's very strange.
I decide to get to back to vet this morning as the mass hadn’t been improving. My vet did X-rays and bloodwork. Her bloodwork was normal, but the X-rays show she has a large tumor possibly in her spleen. Usually spleen tumors are malignant, but we may be able to get in time. We’re at the surgical center and hoping and praying for a good outcome. She’s a sweet girl and am not ready to lose her. 😞😢

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I decide to get to back to vet this morning as the mass hadn’t been improving. My vet did X-rays and bloodwork. Her bloodwork was normal, but the X-rays show she has a large tumor possibly in her spleen. Usually spleen tumors are malignant, but we may be able to get in time. We’re at the surgical center and hoping and praying for a good outcome. She’s a sweet girl and am not ready to lose her. 😞😢
Of course your not ready to lose her!! We are keeping you guys in our prayers that all will turn out well she is so young too. Please let us know how it turns out!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello,

My female 1year 5 month old boxer, Remi, quickly developed a large lump under her left rib cage. I believe it developed over a couple of days. I took her to the vet on Tuesday (almost 3 days ago) and my doctor thinks either she ran into something and developed a hematoma or possibly got bitten by something. She has been on prednisone for the last 3 days and her lump isn't getting any better. In fact, it seems like her spine and ribs are more visible even though she is eating normally, but not really as playful as usual. She won't sleep on her left side and she occasionally licks the lump area. Has anyone experienced this with their Boxer?

Any help/answer are greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Amy and Remi
🙏❤🙏❤ Thinking of you and your baby!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I finally was able to reset my password and log in. Update on Remi, my 17 month old boxer. She had a mast cell tumor that spread throughout her body. It happened within a few days and there was no saving her life. We had to euthanize. It’s heartbreaking.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
OH NO! I am so so sorry! She was so young too! I know from experience its so hard to lose one so young. I know this has to be so hard on you. I was hoping for a better outcome. Again, we are sorry and hugs to you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts