Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's the first Saturday of the month, so that means "boxer meetup"...I have to tell you that the article that was printed about our group really reaped us some new members..We had 6 new members and would you believe 2 litters of puppies! There were more boxers than humans..Loved it......I took a ton of pictures and it would have been more if my batteries hadn't dies on me (note to self, fresh batteries before next meetup)...Anyways, here's some of the better ones...Almost all of them I have posted in my Photobucket, if you want to check them all out....

Running amok boxers

Hey, you're new here, aren't you?

Boxer-rama

How many boxers can fit in the pool?

Hmm, what is that in her arms?

Now how can anyone resist this little sweetheart?

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
So AWESOME! I wish we had something like that here! I do like on the AL/FL border... but knowing my luck... your UP FURTHER. That's great though!... How did you guys get something started like that!??

·
Registered
159 Posts
Dallas, Tx here. I'm sure there's one here somewhere, I just need to look some. Cool pics BTW

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I actually found this meetup group thru here. Donna, who heads it is a member of our forum..That's also how we found Angel, by the way...I have a permanent post somewhere about how to find a group in your area, or to add your name to a list as being interested...

She actually visited a meetup group in Tennessee to get info on how to get one started and has done a marvelous job. Our group just keeps growing every month. The first thing you need to know if you are thinking about starting one is to have a location that is totally fenced in..We moved ours from the park as we were having issues with dogs running (namely my Angel)..Some meetups require that the males be neutered, we don't..Females in season should not attend, for obvious reasons..Altho you only meet once a month, altho some meet more, there is still a lot of time and energy involved..You have to provide, refreshments, etc..And help keep track of everyone...But it's worth it....My hubby wants me to consider starting one here when we get our backyard all fenced in...We'll see.... :)

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
That sounds great! I love the idea. I wouldn't mind do that in my backyard... but it's not the BIGGEST. It's fenced in and I think it's just a great idea... to get them all socialized... and with OTHER boxers!! TOO COOL!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Oh Willow.....I may have to drive all the way up there for one of those meet ups!! That just looks like boxer heaven to me!  :D

Lisa

·
Registered
109 Posts
wish there was boxer meetup around me. in mississippi, arkansas and louisiana these states are close to me.. any one know there are any in these states, if so let me know, my boxers would be glad to go...

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
LOVED the pics Willow! and our little Angel seems to be in most of them lol How could you not take that little pup home?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts