Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i spent half the night in the Emergency vet last night because Layla went into seizures. So now i am making an appointment to take her to the veterinary school for an mri. Please say a prayer for her. I am losing my mind right now!

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
They are also doing complete blood work on her to see if they can see where this is coming from

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Good Vibes that everything comes out ok.    The blood test will test liver, kidney etc.   Sometimes they cannot diagnose a seizure and it could be just a one time effect.  

Seizures can be caused by a variety of things including both primary and secondary epilepsy.   They can also be the result of a blow to the head, calcium deficiencies in nursing mothers, end stage heartworm disease, toxic plants, chemicals, fertilizers and poisonings. There is even evidence that seizures may be have a hereditary factor involved.

The blood work will hopefully tell you something and hopes that everything will be ok!

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Sorry about layla.. good vibes from me and Jessie and Maggie!

·
Registered
294 Posts
How scary!  Prayers and good thoughts being sent your way

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
OMG..I know exactly how you are feeling right now.   :(  I went through seizures with my last boxer. I'm praying and sending {{{{positive vibes}}}} that this is a one time freak thing. Was she sleeping when the first seizure happened? You might just want to start a journal and record when Layla had her seizures. That might also help in your diagnosis or maybe help you figure out what caused it. Things like any vaccines or heartworm meds given lately, flea control, what she ate, was she asleep or awake, what time was it, stuff like that.
Good luck Tami and try to get some rest today. Let us know what you find out. Hugs to you too.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I am sorry to hear that Layla is having problems and we will be keep you and Layla in our thoughts and prayers!

·
Registered
780 Posts
Prayers for Layla and you!  Seizures can be very scary.  We haven't had any of our boxers with them but do have a cat that has epilepsy and his seizures are very scary.  You never know when they will happen and he has fallen off things before when they started.  We did track how often he had them and how far apart they were so we could try to watch for the next one.  He is on pheno-barb and has been on it for about 4 years.  It has really helped, and he very seldom has any seizures now.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Sending prayers to both of you Tami...I'm hoping that an answer is found for you real quick...Please, let us know what you find out....Hugs to you both, this isn't an easy time, we are here for you....

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
What a week you've had between your son and Layla you must be at your wits end 8O So sorry that everything is coming at you all at once. Donner and I are sending our best wishes and healing vibes your way. DH would be included but I think he goes into the fetal position every time he thinks of your sons accident! Remember to take care of yourself too, and keep posting updates.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Kiah and I are sending you positive healing vibes.  We will pray that Layla will be just fine.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Poor Layla.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and Layla.  I hope they can figure everything out.  Keep us posted.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Any news on how Layla is this morning? I hope you had a better night.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts