Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if i am the only one....

I read everyones stories and antics that their boxers do and realize that my girls dont do any of that stuff. They are both very lazy. When out of the kennel Reese will wiggle under the coffee table and watch tv or sleep, and Savannah because she is too big to wiggle under the coffee table will lay or sit beside it (as close to reese as possible) and watch tv or sleep. They dont play, with each other or with us. even if we try to get them to play. They dont run around the house or in the back yard. They dont get into anything they shouldnt really (reese is now staying away from the litter box YAY!!) and they dont chew on things other than their designated toys. When we take them out they freak out when we get around other people. they want nothing to do with them and try to run in the opposite direction. I was walking them this morning before work and some kids were out playing and reese freaked out and almost ripped the leash out of my hand trying to get away from these kids and we were not even near the kids, we were like a block away. When they get let off leash in the fenced in field behind our home is the only time they let loose and play with each other.

Now i know in some ways this is good-atleast i know they are weary of strangers and wont run up for lovins, i also know the no chewing is good as well. saves my home and my belongings, but i have to sit back and wonder why? Why dont my dogs play and rough house? (they run from you if you try to rough house with them) why doesnt reese act like a puppy with her antics and exploring? Why does savannah run at the drop of a pin?  Am i making a mountain out of a molehill? or does this sound normal in any way to y'all?

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
My three year old male is lazy like that. He also gets tired of my young dog harrassing him. Your puppy will get crazy here in a short time, enjoy the quiet.  She is still quite young.  Mine is nine months old now and never seems to rest much anymore.  If you have a concern about the older dog, you could have them run a thyroid test on her.  It is common in boxers and a symptom can be lack of energy.  Reese looks just like my new female pup.  If I could figure out how to post pics you would see that.

Nano

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Well we we first got Odin at 8 wks. He didn't do much. 9 wks... 10 wks... 11... 12... 13 wks... he finally decided to turn into a holy terror! I was kind of thinking how you are now. He just didn't do ANYTHING... such a good, well-behaved little boy. But she's 16 wks now? or older? So I don't know. Not ALL dogs match the breeds basis for peronality. Though... you have two and they are both the same? I'm stumped.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah Reese was born on 01/06/07 so she is like 17 weeks now. When my boyfriend picked her up she was the most playful pup according to him. That is why i started wondering. I expect Savannah to be this way because of her past- apparently she was one of many boxers and only a few were allowed inside. She was not one of these-she was one that was left outside 24/7/365. So i know she is my special girl.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts