Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anybody else has a problem with their puppy being lazy.  Willy is just over 3 months and all he does is sleep.  He'll play once in awhile or if he gets around one of his brothers or sisters, but for the most part...Sleepin.  Just want to make sure this is normal.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Zeus loved to sleep but when he wanted to play. It was on and he would he would go all out and get the energy outta there

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
At 3 mos, jessie was definitely still a sleeper...  she played and stuff like that but she would also sleep a lot

·
Registered
478 Posts
Yeah my Jessie was lazy when she was younger, but now he is wild. Well she still is lazy when she comes to work with me she sleeps most of the day. Now her thing is to bit the axles as your walking away anybody having problems like that? Also when were not home we let her out and about and she loves to rip the rugs and lays on the couch. Its like you is in here terrible 2's lol

·
Registered
616 Posts
OMG...your kidding right?  My two have been nutz from the day I brought them home!  I have heard of others with laid back boxers but I have not experience there.  Sorry!

·
Registered
405 Posts
ahhaah, I always say Abby is the world's laziest (and tiniest) boxer. She is such a bum. She has 2 or 3 spurts of wild energy each day and is perfectly content to snooze the rest of the day away. Rawhides keep her awake for quite a while.

Last night, she was dozing on the couch, it was time for us to go to bed. Typically, this takes a lot of convincing to get her off the couch and out the door for her last potty run. As usual, I ended up picking her up and trying to stand her on all four legs to proceed to the kitchen. PLOP! Right onto the floor she goes, eyes tight shut.  So I pick her up again, carry her through the dining room, into the kitchen where my hubby is waiting with leash in hand. He laughs as I walk in with sleeping Abby in my arms, and says "Is that really necessary?" I said, "well?..." and put her down on all fours again...her legs just collapsed under her and right down onto the floor she goes again, eyes tight shut. "You tell me" I say as he laughs. He puts the leash on and lures her awake and out the door with an animal cracker.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Buck is the only one I've had since early puppyhood, but I don't remember him sleeping a lot, course then again, I was working at the time..He did his sleeping while I was gone and was rip roaring, ready to go when I got home  :lol:

·
Registered
948 Posts
All Mia does is sleep... Can't wait til we get out of this stage!

·
Registered
214 Posts
sleep????? whats that????? Tyson fights his sleep, he will be sitting playing with something and you will just see him fall off the chair or furniture because he fell asleep for a split second. sleep???? NO, Tyson hates sleep. lol

·
Registered
627 Posts
When I got Roxy she was the most laid back Boxer I've ever seen.  Everyone used to tell me she was so calm for a Boxer.  She slept all the time when she was younger too.  So did Astro.  That's all puppies really do...sleep and play.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Fiona 3 1/2 months, is also a sleeper.  She has burst of energy, in between naps.  She will entertain with a rawhide, and get up to chase the cat if he parades through in front of her.  Otherwise, she is what we call an A/C hog.
Our house is built off the ground and the air vents run through the floors.  She takes her naps on top of a vent with her belly stretched out on it.
What a life!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts