Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember this topic from awhile back but it appeared on my local news tonight so I thought I'd share. There is NO testing system for lead paint in animal toys (heck, there's barely a system for testing kids toys!) lead in animals can be confused with other issues since it causes stomach problems, neurological problems and bone marrow trouble. The vet in Syracuse that was interviewed said she recommended getting rid of painted toys that have any paint being chewed off as a precaution.  Since it is the holiday season and many are shopping for pet toys I thought I'd pass this along. Now I'm going to do a toy check looking for missing paint, and weed out a few!

·
Registered
780 Posts
After all the trouble with kids toys we decided not to buy any toys with paint on them.  It is really sad that we have to do this.  Too bad there aren't more toys made in the USA where they can be tested and where lead paint isn't used.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
When the man in charge of the factory that used lead paint killed himself as soon as the first story of lead in kids toys came out, that should have been an indicator of how huge this problem was going to be.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts