Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my wife and i both work full time. I feel bad leaving Stella alone all day in her crate. Sad Face......

·
Registered
537 Posts
I know the feeling. Right now there is only me and my daughter so I have no choice. I do get people every now and then to let her out during the day, but she is good about holding "it" and no accidents and I give her plenty of things to do in her crate so she doesn't get bored. Oh and I always put the radio on for her.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I can definitely relate here as well I hate leaving Gaby in her crate for more than a couple hours, although it's not to often because I work from home, but at the end of the month I have a tradeshow to do with my business and she will be in her crate all weekend :(  I feel so guilty :(  I'm not looking forward to this at all...

·
Registered
648 Posts
Well we have to work to support them right? We have to do the best we can do and try not to feel guilty just make sure you can walk them before and after then they don't mind! If you feel guilt they probably sense that energy and don't like it much heehhe

G

·
0 Posts
We work third shift, so they are in the crate when they normally sleep...and then we try to play with them a bit before we go to bed...With my current injury...they are crated a good part of the day and I try to let them sleep with me so they can be out of the crate for some time...I feel really bad about it...but what can I do?  I can't help that I am injured just like they can't help that they don't understand that when they come to cuddle with me or play with me and jar my leg they cause a lot of pain...so it's a really bad situation...

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I think Derrick put it best, we work to pay for our kiddos stuff...Marq used to feel guilty when we had to crate Samson for a few hours, but came to understand that it was better for him. Now with Angel, he's ok with it, but have to add, we both don't like leaving them alone, so even when we go out, it's like we both will start looking at our watches saying " we should probably get back" :)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
THanks folks. It sure makes me feel better to know that there are other pups out there in the same situation. We don't want to have her crated forever- just until she is house trained well enough to leave her out all day (confined to the kitchen to start with). I wish I had someone that could stop by to let her out everyday. Oh well...lots of pups have been through the same thing and survived.

Eventually, I want her to have free reign. Hopefully, I'll be starting a field sales job soon and can take her with me all day. That'd be fun.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Allie gets left alone on occasion now.  We worked it out with our neighbor who has 2 cocker spaniels so that all 3 spend a day at one of our houses off and on all week.  It's really nice here now so they get to play outside.  We both have secure fenced and gated courtyards so they get to have some freedom outside with no worries of any one or any thing bothering them.  I still feel guilty about leaving them though.  DH says Allie enjoys her bones and kibble so she is ok with us going off to work.   :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts