Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this weekend I am going to freak.

Sat (wedding night) we will be without the kids for the first time.  Then on Monday I have a relative staying at my house for a week and a half to take care of my kids.   I am VERY nervous - even got some anxiety meds not for my wedding but not being with my dogs!

I have typed out a three page manual on how to care for my kids!    :cry:

Anyone else do this, or am I the only member of the nut club???

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I can't even imagine being without my fur babies!  But you need to relax and know that they will be in good hands and have a great time at your wedding and honeymoon!!!  Congratulations and good luck to you on your big day!!!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I had to leave Kiah for two days with my sister whom I totally trust (she even took off work to take care of her).  I kept worrying about Kiah and had to call my sister many times at breaks during my meetings.  She finally told me to stop calling as Kiah was doing just fine; if there was a problem she would call me.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
HAAAHAAAA If it's a nut club then sign me up!! Best Wishes to you on your special day and enjoy your honeymoon. You can always call home and "talk" to your kids  :)]

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I had someone dog sit Samson at my house for a couple weeks. I was fine actually, Samson on the other hand was royally pissed off at me when I came home.....I refuse to kennel, so my only option is either a sitter or take them with us.....But yea, I had a ton of instructions, called twice a day, had the phone put up to Samson's ear so I could talk to him....Pathetic, huh?

Just went back and re-read your post....Congrats!

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We had a cookout over the weekend and I gave my cousin the three pages of instructions.   They all laughed at me!!  he he.

I am not for kennels either.  Something freaks me out about them.  I would die if they came back different dogs than they went in.  I like to keep them in their home environment - no added stress besides not having us there.  However, if I load my cousin with treats, they will get along just fine!!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Congratulations and good luck with everything! Try to relax...you have your cousin staying at your house to watch your babies! They will be just fine!  :D

But yes, I have to admit I am a member of the nut club as well!  :oops: Actually I am a member of the double nut club. The furbabies nut club, and the skinkids nut club!  8-}

So where are you going on your honeymoon?

·
Registered
508 Posts
I remember i was only gone for a weekend once and i was calling every hour to make sure the boys were okay while we were at the beach. So no, you are the only nut in here because we are right beside eachother. These are our precious babies and we have to look out for them.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
uhmm ok i am not only a member of the nut club but the president also haahaa

we were going on leave this past march...i had 4 different people..yes 4/...taking shifts with the dogs..one staying at the house..one neighbor for mid morning, person staying was here at lunch, other neighbor for late afternoon & beach runs...and one to come asap for an emergency to vet or whatver hahahaha..with Isis & Onyx's pasts we would never kennel them...too tramatic..

i am also that way with my kids though...but hmm some days a kennel sounds good for them hahahahaha

DONT WORRY THEY WIL BE FINE..YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY AND WONDERFUL HONEY MOON..CONGRATS..

·
Registered
278 Posts
Count me in on the nut club!!!  One of my many nutso moments...I "pre-packaged" exact amounts of kibble and the times/days to be given on the containers.  I even get wiggy with my husband watching the furs and skins while I'm gone for the day!  He's totally capable, but I just can't pass the responsibility that easily.  I did have one kennel that I trusted.  When I had both shelties, they left there much more calm than when they went in.  She gave them lavendar oil massages!...who wouldn't calm after that!  Anyhow...we haven't kenneled since she closed her business due to a back injury.

Good luck on the wedding!!!! Enjoy your day!!!!

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
We've never had to leave Sadie for any length of time, but I would be just as crazy so you are not alone! Congrats on you wedding and have fun!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
We took the dogs on vacation with us this year.  The only time that we have been seperated is the night after their fixed.  Sadie goes in Friday.  I'm sure I'll be a little depressed when I leave Sadie Friday.  Before our two, I'd never had a dog and it's amazing how much they become a part of you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts