Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

21 - 40 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Jax loved Sweetie. He played with him all the time. We got plenty of laughs from the 2 of them. Everyone's boxers on here are adorable.

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
No recent pics of my pups.. I have a few.
The only recent pic I do have is of my newest pup Po (Belgian Tervueren)
Hey your still around??? :cheers:

Cute pup I am aware of those guy's and off the top of my head they remind me of a GSD and A Mal kinda?? But I am pretty sure ... that is "Not" what they are ! :)

And a MAL also?? LOL ... well if you get a chance?? You should tell us about them! We do have another member on here with a MAL. And he was having some kinda odd issues with him after he lost his Boxer. :(

And as it happens, I have created the perfect thread for the "other Working Line Dog's's! But of course it's with my "spin." And I gotta update my "Beat Down Thread," the food for work, thing did not work for me ... as I pretty much messed it up?? (Work for food, bit.)

But it was ... "enough," to get me out of my total freak out zone! And it allowed me to get out of my "freak out zone," and start "Thinking!" :confused:

I want slash need a "Off Leash Off Dog" h, like my other dog's" and sigh and "time," is not a factor so no "E-Collar."I gotta do a progress update. As "Bella," is an "on going work in progress." But at this point, we are doing pretty freaking great (in distraction free environment's. ) :)

But your Belgian Tervueren, and your Mal ... heck add them in here.:
https://www.boxerforums.com/anything-goes/206060-lol-wl-gsds-mals-average-pet-owners.html

As I am sure a few of us "odd ball's, would like to know more???

·
Registered
634 Posts
No recent pics of my pups.. I have a few.
The only recent pic I do have is of my newest pup Po (Belgian Tervueren)
He's cute. Never heard of them, looks like he probably sheds a good bit. Are they more like a Shepard or a Mal in personality?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hows the mal doin?
Vito's good! 9 month old now, just waiting to see how he matures..

Hey your still around??? :cheers:

Cute pup I am aware of those guy's and off the top of my head they remind me of a GSD and A Mal kinda?? But I am pretty sure ... that is "Not" what they are ! :)

And a MAL also?? LOL ...
I check in weekly, but only post if I think I can help
Soon to be 5 month old Terv (French Ring lines)
9 month old KNPV Mali

He's cute. Never heard of them, looks like he probably sheds a good bit. Are they more like a Shepard or a Mal in personality?
It's basically a long haired Malinois. So for a quick breed history.. When the AKC recognized the Malinois in '59, they considered the Terv a separate breed.
Everywhere else considers mals and tervs varieties of Belgian Shepherd. So basically a pair of Mali's have a litter and if a pups had a longer coat, it would be considered a terv. The Dam to my pups is that way. Her sire and dam were Mali's. So the dam is considered a first generation terv... it all gets a little crazy...lol.

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
I check in weekly, but only post if I think I can help
Soon to be 5 month old Terv (French Ring lines)
9 month old KNPV Mali
LOL ... to "boring" here perhaps??" Well for a Working Line Dog, perhaps they got the Boxer's to right, way back when?? :)

But hey if you want online "excitement??" You should join Germanshepardforum, I can guarantee constant, non stop online uh "excitement??" And if you do ... look up Bailiff and tell him chip sent you! He's the Mal guy over there PPD, Mondioring stuff, he has two Mal's and the only half way civil GSD/Mal cross, I know of??

Slam Dunk (F'ing tool) has the other one Swat,LE, K9 Handler. I and Lou Castle ... uh had "issues with him ... and his "new" at the time LE Dog. His new dog, was a Navy Seal reject. Uh ... handler sensitive to be kind. Last I heard his new dog had craved up the station kennel master when Slam had to leave him, under someone else's watch for the weekend. He was not a particularly "civil dog," to be kind. I wonder if the dog is still around??

Is your "Boxer," still doing the IPO stuff and if so how is he doing???

·
Registered
634 Posts
It's basically a long haired Malinois. So for a quick breed history.. When the AKC recognized the Malinois in '59, they considered the Terv a separate breed.
Everywhere else considers mals and tervs varieties of Belgian Shepherd. So basically a pair of Mali's have a litter and if a pups had a longer coat, it would be considered a terv. The Dam to my pups is that way. Her sire and dam were Mali's. So the dam is considered a first generation terv... it all gets a little crazy...lol.
Interesting, Thanks for the data. Makes me think of how height can skip a generation in humans...other traits too I'm sure.

·
Registered
130 Posts
In order --

Ivan (he likes to sit on dad), Astrid (lounging on her back is her favorite), and Grimm

Attachments

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Vito's good! 9 month old now, just waiting to see how he matures..
Nice. Damn time flies, doesn't seem like 9 months ago. I'm still looking, still debating about whether to do a down payment with Mike.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Ivan is beautiful! Love those big old boys I have one in the making he loves to sit on top of me too and chew on his bones he is well over 75lbs now he will be a year old already next month can't believe that!

·
Registered
192 Posts
LOL ... to "boring" here perhaps??" Well for a Working Line Dog, perhaps they got the Boxer's to right, way back when?? :)

But hey if you want online "excitement??" You should join Germanshepardforum, I can guarantee constant, non stop online uh "excitement??" And if you do ... look up Bailiff and tell him chip sent you! He's the Mal guy over there PPD, Mondioring stuff, he has two Mal's and the only half way civil GSD/Mal cross, I know of??
Not interested in online "excitement", I've got better thing to do.
Yes, I believe Gene Bailiff's ring 3 dog won the 2019 US nationals

Nice. Damn time flies, doesn't seem like 9 months ago. I'm still looking, still debating about whether to do a down payment with Mike.
Ain't that the truth.. time goes by quick!
Quick pic of Vito working on his contact heel

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
Ivan is beautiful! Love those big old boys I have one in the making he loves to sit on top of me too and chew on his bones he is well over 75lbs now he will be a year old already next month can't believe that!
Thanks! He's our first Euro boxer. He's a nut...he's 7 and a half months old and 63lbs. He likes to prop his toys on us while he chews them too lol. It's a slobbery affair. We still have an issue with him excited peeing. It happened this morning actually...my husband reached over to pet him and he peed on the loveseat. Does anyone have a pup that excited peed for that long? When will he grow out of it!?!?

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Not interested in online "excitement", I've got better thing to do.
Yes, I believe Gene Bailiff's ring 3 dog won the 2019 US nationals

He is a good looking boy. Hows he doing with his drive?

·
Registered
634 Posts
Thanks! He's our first Euro boxer. He's a nut...he's 7 and a half months old and 63lbs. He likes to prop his toys on us while he chews them too lol. It's a slobbery affair. We still have an issue with him excited peeing. It happened this morning actually...my husband reached over to pet him and he peed on the loveseat. Does anyone have a pup that excited peed for that long? When will he grow out of it!?!?
Our youngest boxer, Bandit, has a long crazy tongue and he'll bring his toys on or near us and chew too sometimes. It can be a mess for sure. He will also nudge us with toys when he wants to play- with us or the other two boxers.

I can't advise on the excited peeing, but there's someone on here who posted something not too long ago about their boxer who I think is a bit older who does this with strangers. They may be able to offer some input..wish I could remember who it was.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Zuke would do that for a little bit when he was about 3 months old. Always when he was excited. If he isn't doing it in his sleep or any other time, unfortunately it is out of his control. Some grow out of it some dont.

If its happening more than just being excited you might want to talk to a vet about incontinence

·
Registered
130 Posts
Zuke would do that for a little bit when he was about 3 months old. Always when he was excited. If he isn't doing it in his sleep or any other time, unfortunately it is out of his control. Some grow out of it some dont.

If its happening more than just being excited you might want to talk to a vet about incontinence
No its definitely excitement that causes it. It's so sad because he LOVES people and when I take him anywhere I warn people before they pet him but I guess they don't believe me because they still pet him and he pees on them...lol I have avoided taking him because of it.

·
Registered
564 Posts
No its definitely excitement that causes it. It's so sad because he LOVES people and when I take him anywhere I warn people before they pet him but I guess they don't believe me because they still pet him and he pees on them...lol I have avoided taking him because of it.
My boy is 87% Euro and I have had to deal with the excited peeing too!!!! Sometimes he would do it when I would just try to brush him or my husband would pet him thank goodness he doesn't do that anymore but I can't tell you how many strangers have been "blessed" he is improving on that though too still not gone all the way. I wonder if that's a Euro thing? I have never had one do this for this long my female is his 1/2 sister she had the same thing but she is almost 2 now and that doesn't really happen anymore unless someone approaches her with a high voice and says "oh she is so cute" and that's it!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts

I tried training that after we got the focused heel down. He refuses to make contact on a heel. Even tried it against a wall so he couldn't veer, but he would just stop. Its funny though, because he will get as close as he can without contact like an inch away, but no contact. lol

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Hopefully he will just grow out of it then.

Zuke only peed on one of my neighbors when he was young. Wasn't excitement, he just straight up lifted his leg and peed on her leg. lol.. We all took it in stride though, I just told her unfortunately Zuke is expanding his territory and you are now part of it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
My boy is 87% Euro and I have had to deal with the excited peeing too!!!! Sometimes he would do it when I would just try to brush him or my husband would pet him thank goodness he doesn't do that anymore but I can't tell you how many strangers have been "blessed" he is improving on that though too still not gone all the way. I wonder if that's a Euro thing? I have never had one do this for this long my female is his 1/2 sister she had the same thing but she is almost 2 now and that doesn't really happen anymore unless someone approaches her with a high voice and says "oh she is so cute" and that's it!
Lol strangers have been "blessed". Our female (American) did it when she was young but grew out of by the age he is. I guess we will just wait and see!

21 - 40 of 92 Posts