Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please don't tell my mom that I wrote this!!!

I'm really worried about her.  We went to a doctors appointment about a month ago for my mom's ears (more tests) and they ran a wide range of bloodwork on her.  About a week and a half ago, my mom got a phone call (I think it was the doctors office) that made her really upset.  We piled all the kids in the car and went back to the doctors office.  When we got in to see the doctor and they started talking, my mom got really upset and she started crying.  I remember them saying that she may be sick again, but not to worry yet and that they need to do more tests, but they didn't say what for.  I think my Mom didn't want to say what it is in front of the kids for fear of upsetting them or them telling Dad before she knows for sure what's going on.

She's really tired now (has been for a couple months) and scared.  I've been trying to tell her she's overdoing it and needs to rest more, but she wants to help everybody all the time (you guys and her clients; she loves helping you guys...you should see her smile and laugh when she gets to talk to you guys).

My mom is really upset by this and she's not in a great mood right now (with other people; she seems to be fine with us [when she isn't crying]).  She's talking about taking a break from a lot of stuff right now (finally!! I thought I was gonna have to resort to sitting on her again), so that she can relax and calm down some.  She might not post (or even log on---I think you guys call this lurking) for a little while, but she will probably try to at least read up and make sure everybody is okay.

Can you guys pray for my mom or at least keep her in your thoughts?  

Hopefully, we'll see you soon!  I like the pictures and I'm gonna miss seeing them.

Lilly

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My mom just told Dad that she is still gonna give Willow training topics and she'll do the chats, but he is making her slow down and rest more.  He found her paperwork from the doctor this morning and is upset and scared now, too.  

Lilly

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Ah shoot. Liz you will be in my families prayers. I am saddened to hear this but grateful you are resting to better yourself. I send nothing but the best vibes and wishes for you and your family.

Lilly: You make sure you sit on momma whne she starts to over-exert herself, mmmkay.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Liz, me and the boys will have you  in our thoughts and prayers. Go and get you some rest. Lilly you make sure she stays rested and give her lots of kisses to make her feel good.  {{{{{{{{{{<<<<<<<<HEALING VIBES>>>>>>>}}}}}}}}}}

·
Registered
948 Posts
Liz!!! I hope everything is okay!! If you need my assistance with anything on here, let me know!! please keep us updated... You're really going to be missed..

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I hope everything turns out okay. I know how demanding a family (especially young kids) can be. It's hard on everyone else when "mom" isn't feeling well and needs some rest. Moms just can't get sick. Take some time for yourself and rest up. Lilly...we know you take good care of your mom, but she needs some extra tlc and rest right now so if she over does anything you have our permission to sit on her and just smother her with your slurps. We will keep her in our thoughts and prayers...

·
Registered
126 Posts
aww liz im sorry to hear this and u for sure in my prayers and gliacer is sending u lots of kisses too and great big hugs to u and lilly if u have to sit on liz do so lol.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you guys so much for your kind wishes.  I'm gonna keep up with the board to the best of my ability, but I'll probably be a bit slow.  

FYI:
A few years ago I had a small malignant tumor removed.  They found it, a fluke the doctor called it, from blood drawn for a round of blood tests to figure out why I was so tired all the time.  Now they run the same blood test on me once a year to check for the same thing and this time they found it again.  That along with my symptoms are concerning for the doctors and everyone else I know.  

I'm okay right now, just tired.  The doctor recommended I restart my herbal treatments (takes 1-2 weeks to take effect) to boost my energy and immune system.  They are hoping this is a fluke and the last bit of this nasty infection/cold (ask Chloesmom about it...she got to hear the never ending cough on the phone).

Some of my test results are coming back tomorrow (25 July 2007), so when I get them I'll let you know whats going on.

I'll keep you posted.

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Liz, I am so sorry to hear that you are not well.  You will be in my prayers and Kiah is sending you a special great big sloppy Boxer kiss (she gives the best kisses).  Take care of yourself and let us know how you are doing.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Liz, sorry to hear you're not feeling well.  Take some time for yourself to rest up and get better!  Keep us updated on what's going on.  Hope you feel better soon!  I'm sure Lilly will be more than happy to kiss and cuddle with you and help you feel better!  Hugs & Kisses from Lola and me!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Lily huny, you are a wonderful girl for caring so much about your Momma. You know that she loves you for that. You tell her that Samson and Angel are sending her tons of boxer kisses, wiggles and Angel sends Woo Woo's as well. YOu take really good care of her for us, ok? And I'm sending you a huge hug for being such a wonderful friend..

Liz I am so very sorry to hear this. I was crying  when I finished reading Lily's post and hadn't even gotten to yours..Please, do what you have to. Slow down, take care of yourself. We are all here for you, I hope you know that....Boxer hugs and kisses and good vibes & prayers are going your way...

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Oh jeez Liz I just caught your post!! Im sooo sorry to hear that an dI hope you start to feel better very soon!! Even if you have to go for awhile we will be here when you get back!!

·
Registered
316 Posts
I just caught this thread.  Geeze, I am so sorry you are going through this.  I am praying for you!

We will miss you here but don't worry about us, we want you to be healthy so rest and get better.  We will all be here for you whenever you need us and anytime you get a chance to visit.  Know that you are in our thoughts and prayers everyday, whether you are able to log on to visit or not.

Ginsy wanted me to give you smoochies from her :lol:
[/url]

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Update about my Mom, Liz:  (Don't tell my Mom I'm still telling you guys all this!!)

The doctor found a small mass, apparently smaller than the last one, on an MRI.  They have decided to do a needle biopsy to determine if this is the mass they picked up on the bloodwork.  If it isn't then they are going to have to do some hardcore radio-imaging (Mom will have to drink some kind of radioactive fluid?) to see if they can find it.  

Her herbal therapies have started to work, so now she has more energy and she isn't as upset as she was last week.  She's grateful for the outpouring of kindness and well-wishes from all here friends on the forum!!!  

I'll keep you posted, cuz if I hadn't told you....she sure as heck wouldn't have...LOL!!!  

BTW--Mom was feeling so good yesterday that we went for a run at the beach!!!!!   :D   I was so happy!!!  She said she did it just for me, cuz she new I was getting cabin fever!!  She asked dad to watch the girls so we could go and off we went...She took some pictures, so I'll have to remind her to put them up...

Lilly (sneaky Hearing Service Dog)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts